Forget the Viper...

gOOters

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

that thing flew... id still rather take the VIPPPPPPPPEEERRRRR over that lil hatch mini van lookin civic =)

• 2 weeks later...
If he has a Stage 3 turbo in there, it probably cost more than his civic...

Bah...if done correctly, all the work on his car might actually cost the same as his car...maybe a tad more. So...he beat a Viper for 2 x $11,000. That's about $60,000 LESS than the cost of the Viper.

Oh, that Viper at least had exhaust on it as well. Still...I would take the Viper. There is a BRAND new Viper GTS that is out at the end of the parking lot, next to me and the rest of the sports cars here at work. It's funny walkin out there...I'm like: Z, ///M, Vette, Vette, ///M, Z, Vette, Viper, Benz, ///M. The guy in the Viper looks about 33 years old! :twitch:

Bah...if done correctly, all the work on his car might actually cost the same as his car...maybe a tad more. So...he beat a Viper for 2 x $11,000. That's about $60,000 LESS than the cost of the Viper.

No argument there. Hell, I bet money that you could mod that new Neon and make it faster than just about any car on the market.

Thats the deal, if you wanna go fast, definately buy a cheap car and mod. If you want to go fast in luxary...they you have to spend the $$$.

heh, I actually have a video of the SRT beating a Viper in the quarter mile.

a friend of mine called me the other day and was asking me to find stats on the SRT and the RX-8...I flat out told him..."listen, if you want fast...go buy the Neon...if you want a nice car...go buy the RX-8"

when it comes down to it, sometimes having a slow, nice car is 100 times better than a fast junky car.

me...I prefer both

:D

most expensive STOCK car you know of?  um the one on punked the mercedes 375,000 !!  :o

How bout the Bugatti Veryon for $1.1MM? Should we start a new thread on favorite dream cars?

Edited by gOOters

Jaguar XJ220 HASTA be the best expensive stock car in the world.

when they were first made (in 1998 I believe) they were around $800,000 and have only GONE UP in price since then with only around 200 of them in the world.

Mcclaren F1 is NOTHING compared to a Jag XJ220

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

ya well my 1996 Corsica could pizzzown any car here! muhahahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

general was that in response to a question or something? lol

• 4 weeks later...

And Id like to see an SRT or Civic beat a Viper or Four-Twelve on a road course.

An electric car pwns the fastest Gas powered cars in the world at the drag, and they suck.

But lets see something that can run fast on a road course.

Show me a video of two race car drivers where one is driving a Civic the other a Viper and they are on a closed circuit road track.

The Viper would beat it every single time.

:rolleyes:

If he has a Stage 3 turbo in there, it probably cost more than his civic...

u can get stage three around 5-6 grand MAX!

Which is about what that Civic costs!

Show me a video of two race car drivers where one is driving a Civic the other a Viper and they are on a closed circuit road track.

The Viper would beat it every single time.

Well if you wanna make it a closed circuit track then the civic would win every time eventually...cuz the Viper would run outta gas after a hundred miles...

*joke*

Seriously, you can honest to goodness mod cheaper cars to be faster and handle better than these expensive cars. I've seen an oldsmobile POS smoke a tricked out supra (video was I believe posted here at one time).

Look at it this way...the SRT-4 (at $20K) already runs a 14.1 quarter.

Dodge Viper ($83K for base) runs a quarter in 12.1 seconds. (all 4 numbers from C&D).

Now thats a $60K difference. Do you not think that with $60 you can pick up those 2 seconds AND improve the handling so that it can hang with the Viper on the track?

Think about it.

True.

I see your point with the VIper SRT-4 comparo.

But the thing is how much would it take to get a 20,000 dollar car to pull off as good as laps as the viper.

It would take a lot of custom suspension work and it still wouldnt be as wide as the Viper. The weight ratios of the car would also be different than teh Vip.

It may not take 60,000 bucks, but itll take lots of work and lots of money(how much is a good question) to get a SRT to handle as good as a Viper. Add that with the fact that front wheel drive is gonna have all kinds of problems with more hP in terms of handling.

The SRT is a great value and so is the Viper.

Still think it would be hard to beat a Viper with a SRT and 60,000 bucks.

Id like to see it done though. Cause it would be some sweet custom work on the SRT-4.