ATI Radeon 9600 for 70 dollars

AceMcbanon

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

lmao golly gee! thats awesome....push people outta the way and stuff...get that card!!!!! :lol:

I saw this also. I'm wondering if it's gonna be better than my TI4200? Anyone know? Of course anything is going to better than my ti4200, because I think mines jacked up. Keeps locking up when I play CS & COD these days. And I keep gettin' restarts in the middle of games. :unsure: If anyone has any helpful hints, I would appreciate them.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

hey lunk i gotta an idea!!!

Get up, walk over to your PC case, open it, pull out the video card, walk over to the window, open it and throw that piece of p00p out! Get a ATI 9500/9600...OC that 9600...and your set my man.

Does  PC 3200 mean it will work with any comp below that speed? I have a 833 pentium 3, what type of ram do i need?

well right now, there is mainly two types of memeory

DDR - which everyone uses

SDRAM - which is older

You have one or the other, but I would guess SDRAM since you have a 833 P3, look at your mobo manual.

if your comp can handle DDR 2100 max, then DDR 3200 would work fine, but DDR and SDRAM use two different types of slots.

Edited by NOFX

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

whoa hold the breaks here......9800 XT at best buy for...$299....?

when the pretty yellow sign says it i wasnt going to think differently? i asked the guy and said it was a couple hour sale and they sold out soon as it went up. big sale though, everything was cheap as hell, memory, HD, speakers, all the good stuff.

Good choice.

Compusa and Best buy both have the 9800pro 128mb selling at 300 bucks.

Thats a pretty good deal.

THe 9600 they had at best buy was a 9600se which is slower than the 9600non-pro, 9600pro, and 9600xt.

However 70 bucks is still a good deal for that card. Don't think it came with HL-2, but still a good deal.