Beta Testers

Crowbar

I've been involved with beta testing off and on for awhile, and I know some of you all have done some beta testing. And some of you would like to but don't have a clue how to become one, I think. So post up if you have been one (and on what games) and also post up if you would like to know more about where to find beta sign-ups, or to find out just what beta testing is about.

I guess I'll say what games I've done.

Duelfield Expert: a little turn based fantasy strategy game.

The Sims Online: if you don't know what it is (and how stupid it is) go away.

Star Wars Galaxies: got invited, but gave the account to chuckleslove, so I didn't really test it.

Earth and Beyond: EA invited me into the test, sent me the CD in the mail, but I couldn't get it working, so I never got to test that either.

Lore: Dark Horizons: I'm in this one now, it's a Mech Warrior-ish game set in a persistant universe. Not massivly multiplayer, but still a persistant post-apocolyptic universe.

I'm signed up to test a few others, but no response yet.

I use several sites to check up on available beta tests. The best one I've seen for game betas is betawatcher. Gamespot has a beta testers area too, I forget the URL though.

For beta tests on other stuff, mostly applications, I frequently check betanews and betas.intercom.

If the stuff at those sites isn't enough for you, do a search on Google for "beta tests" or some variation of that. These sites show a lot of betas availible to sign up for, and many open betas, ready to test today, and some pre-betas to watch for, however, there are always more out there.

I've done TSO (and yes, it DOES suck).

Also got into the PlanetSide Beta but never got around to installing it, lol, cuz I was too busy making mah new comp.

Er.... I'm almost sure I did one more, but I forget what.

I check the EverQuest 2 site every day for updates / beta every day :P REALLY wanna get in that cuz I know pho sho I'll be playing EQ2, so I wanna learn what's new and how to play well before the game comes out :D I loved EQ1, but I got peessed @ the # of expansion packs, and how Sony ruined the GUI and economy system (by introducing a zone called "The Bazaar"). Plus, everyone's already high level and I started playing the game too late, so I quit.

Edited by CannibalisticH0b0

I just downloaded and installed a MMORPG that's in open beta (and has been for awhile) called Planeshift. It is promised that this one will remain free even after beta. From what I've seen, it looks pretty cool. Very nice graphics, so nice, in fact, that my card couldn't handle them, and I was getting about 3 seconds per frame. I'll fiddle with the graphics options some later, take a look at it here.

I just downloaded and installed a MMORPG that's in open beta (and has been for awhile) called Planeshift. It is promised that this one will remain free even after beta. From what I've seen, it looks pretty cool. Very nice graphics, so nice, in fact, that my card couldn't handle them, and I was getting about 3 seconds per frame. I'll fiddle with the graphics options some later, take a look at it here.

Yeah its a linux based one, i forgot to mention it. I stopped playing because when i first started the beta there was no fighting or equipment lol. It was in essence a giant chatroom which you ran around in! HAHA!