Hell

rackish

I've always woundered what 'Hell' is... who goes there? Do you go there if you commit a sin? one sin? 10 sins? Do you go there if your don't confess you sins? Do you go there if you kill a man? I'm just poundering... We always talk about the good side of people, what about the "bad" side of people, how does God decide if you go to Heaven, or Hell. Is there a all evil being in Hell, Satan? I'm not a very regligous person, just curious about life after death.

Edited by rackish

from a Christian perspective...it don't matta HOW many sins you commit...because we're ALL evil when it comes down to it and no man deserves anything better than Hell. (this is hard for alot of people to swallow because everyone feels they're "good enough" to get into Heaven. But from my point of view...I know there's no way I could be "good enough" to earn an eternity of paradise...what in the WORLD could I possibly do to deserve that?

Watch, i share your sympathies. I have a hard time with this. I feel that we often mistake our deeds for our spirtual state. I think those people you mention are christians. I just think we fail to confront our failures with our own doctrine. Will God judge us according to what we do? I find these questions to be very troubling in my own system of thinking. I have no simple solution.

Auggybendoggy

Watchtower, no matter how "good" a person is, we all have been born with original sin. Also, good deeds alone do not translate into righteousness before God (Mt 7:21-23).

Our blood is tainted with that sin and because of it there is an impassable chasm separating us from God. This is why God sent His Son Jesus, born of a virgin but conceived by God, thus the sin of Adam was not passed on. Jesus' unblemished blood was given as a payment for all sin. Christ's righteousness is imputed to us allowing that chasm to be bridged. The acceptance of this gift from God is what gains us admittance into heaven, or rather, into communion with God.

"Hell" is the eternal separation from God. Whether this translates into a physical domain or not, I am not sure. I do know that Revelations speaks of those who have died in their sin being cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15).

Some churches (like some churches of christ) believe when you sin you lose your salvation, i do not believe the same way. I believe you need to confess your sins, but once you are saved, you are saved, point blank, period. No one comes to my Father but through Me, sayeth Jesus. If you accept him as your Savior, then Heaven awaits you no matter how many sins you commit, unless you commit them without true repentence and if you condemn God. You're right, not one of us deserves the glory of Heaven, but because God loves us so much...we can. I ask you all to watch the new video called "I love you this much" on CMT.

Edited by PuppySurprise

Artist: Jimmy Wayne

Lyrics :

He can't remember the times that he thought

Does my daddy love me?

Probably not

But that didn't stop him from wishing that he did

Didn't keep from wanting or worshiping him

He guesses he saw him about once a year

He could still feel the way he felt

Standing in tears

Stretching his arms out as far as they'd go

Wispering daddy, I wan't you to know

Chorus

I love you this much and I'm waiting on you

To make up your mind, do you love me to?

However long it takes

I'm never giving up

No matter what, I love you this much

He grew to hate him for what he had done

'Cause what kind of a father, could do that to his son

He said 'damn you daddy', the day that he died

The man didn't blink, but the little boy cried

Chorus

Half way through the service

While the choir sand a hymn

He looked up above the preacher

And he sat and stared at him