Sapphire Radeon 9700 pro?

General J

im just b ought a 9600 with my comp and the only thing that i can complain about is the random crashes in CoD but i think they just need to update with a patch or something.... its happening to lots of ATI users.

And all the problems that i had with cs crashing i fixed, it wasnt the video card.

;)

(edited)

Playaa you have the 9700 pro right? Is it just agp 4x/8x? Did it have 2 slits where the connecting pins are or 3? I guess I could not be lazy and go look for a picture myself...

14-102-246-05.JPG

This is what it looks like right?

Edited by General J

14-102-325-04.JPG Thats the 9600SE, which I bought the other day on the grounds that it would work through this week, then I would return it to best buy on the "compatability issues" grounds (I know I am cheap, but whats a guy to do until he gets paid on friday? :ph34r: ) and get the 9600xt. But when I went to put it in, my agp slot would not except it because it didnt have that 3rd slit.

As far as I know, different companies don't really do much changes to the cards anymore (used to be they did a lot of changes to the base card) except for different connectors. So I would think ithe Sapphire is just as fine as the ATI brand. The one difference I do know is that the Sapphire is passive cooling (just a heatsink, no fan) so this might affect you if you want to OC your card.

Playaa  you have the 9700 pro right?  Is it just agp 4x/8x?  Did it have 2 slits where the connecting pins are or 3?  I guess I could not be lazy and go look for a picture myself...

14-102-246-05.JPG     

This is what it looks like right?

Yeah I have the 9700 Pro, looks right to me.

uuumm....that's freakin weird...I never even knew you could have different AGP stuff like that....I mean I knew the speeds were different but didn't know there was different connection types.

I have the AIW, don't know if that's any different or not.

HA!

I paid $400 (and change) for my 9700 Pro AIW...

and I know I paid ALOT...but I have a great video card that is STILL a great video card and WILL be a great video card for awhile.

'scept I NEED to cool it more.

(edited)
you dont have to have that third part of the 9600se to pluggin into the agp port.

notice there are no gold contacts on that third slit

For my agp slot I did... Trust me, bought the card ($139) and had to take it back in the same day... Wouldn't fit in, and the slits didnt even come close to matching how the video card is cut that is in now.

I will have to snap a picture of my agp slot and post it up sometime later on so you can see what i mean by it not fitting.

Edited by General J