Deathmatch

Guest PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Was just reading about it on Gotfrag... sounds like a lot of fun.

Basically, there are no rounds, so after you die you just randomly respawn somewhere with the gun of your choice.

Maybe this could be tried out as a late night mod... ? :D

(Then we wouldn't spend all day waiting for mag... :))

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

You spawn in totally random places... so unless someone had like a d2 style map hack :P

just my 2 cents...sounds horribly unfun to me.

I come from a deathmatch gaming background (quake 2, quake 3) and while I enjoyed them, I started playing counter-strike for a reason...and that reason is because it was something totally different.

that's why you'll hear me whine when maps like scoutknivez come on...I play this game because it's a team based shooter...not because it's got realistic guns...Deathmatch with an M4 will NEVER beat Quake 2 rocket launchers making your opponent hop across the map and pulling out the super-shotgun and blasting him with dual barrel goodness while he's in midair...

so I don't like it.

:P

no playaa likes a ton of things...Playaa is just very opinionated and voices it when people ask him to (which is what this thread is)

:D

and I LOVE to play in matches and scrims...and even enjoy pubbing sometimes...but the bad part is that with my schedule in life...all I EVER get to do is play in pubs. And on that note...I'm getting sick and tired of so called "professional" Counter-Striker players who come into pubs, act like complete idiots and then when people complain they say "d00d, it's just a pug man!".....because to some of us...a "pug" is all we get to play in so that's our time to enjoy the game not listen to some idiot 12 year old sing Christina Aguilera over the mic.

:angry:

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

It is just a pub :P

With the exception of Xander, not many people try hard in pubs =)

yeah and I find that EXCEPTIONALLY annoying.

like I said...not all of us are "l337" enough to be able to constantly play in scrims and then go ruin pubs for others....if only I could be so l337 to have a cocky attitude and a squeaky pre-pubescent voice...oh the dreams...

Im with Playaa on this!

Sure you can goof off in a pug/pub more than in a match, but I find it very demeaning for some "pro" to just come in and "use" the server to hone a certain technique and totaly ignore teamplay. I have seen some awesome teamwork in a pug and consider it a greater achievement than teamwork in a scrim/match.

Play for fun.

The fun is in teamwork.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Stop bragging about DoD there AK D: Some of us aren't cool enough to play it.

See, this is where a few problems are in your "pub teamwork" theory. First of all, in a pub, the biggest calls I see are either 1) DUMB or 2) "Everyone rush this way"

Most experienced players won't just run right into their death like that because they know they're just going to get owned by 50 nades. Not to mention, if teamwork is so important, then why are maps like helms_deep and scoutzknivez even on the server, if teamwork was all you wanted why not just play CAL maps.. ? :unsure: