Gamer's Coalition FAQ

Fatty

If you don't mind and you have a minute or two, read this over and tell me if you have an unanswered question that you think might be a common one.

Serious replies only please, thanks. We will implement this soon, as the new site is nearing a draft that can be released (huge, huge, thanks to Bubble Gum who may have to take his wife on a weekend getaway once he's done...and no, not until he's done... :D )

By the way, this would be a great time to welcome our first 3 non-Mmmm .gc in a public manner!

Spire <Dennis> aka Malemodel, Soul aka Forsaken Soul, and FaceHole from [DOH] have all become members of the Coalition. We're off to a great start and are excited about the future!

Ok, here's the FAQ:

Gamer’s Coalition

FAQ

What is Gamer’s Coalition?

Gamer’s Coalition is a group of online gamers that share the cost of quality game servers and see the value in becoming part of something that goes beyond an online alias and begins to become family.

How do I join GC?

Fill out an application.  If approved, paypal the amount for whatever faction(s) you’re joining and you’ll be set up.

What happens when I join GC?

That depends on what parts of GC you elect to join.  By default you will gain at least one reserve on the server of your choice, you’ll have access to private .gc forums, and you will have the opportunity to apply for admin on said server.  You’ll also get a big sloppy hug and kiss from the current .gc members.

Is this just a way for Mmmm to collect money?

Yes, but that’s a secret.

Is .gc going to be competitive, say in CAL or something?

Remember, .gc is a coalition, not a team.  Inevitably competitive teams spawn out of communities such as this, but .gc itself is not a team.  We may sponsor teams in the future, however, giving them a place to practice and play.

How much does it cost to join Gamer’s Coalition?

Once approved into membership, it’s $50 / reserve / game / year.

After you come on board, you’ll have the opportunity to apply for admin.  Admin rights are another $50 / year.

Does .gc = Mmmm?

No, Mmmm is a team in The Gamer’s Coalition.  .gc members can be on whatever team they like.  The membership follows them wherever they go.  It’s a person-by-person membership, sorta like NRA.

Why shouldn’t I just keep playing on your servers for free?

You are completely welcome to continue playing for free on our server.  We need you, you pubmaster you!  Without targets, what fun is anything?

Can I get admin on the servers if I join?

.gc members may apply to become admins.  If there is currently no need, we’ll not even accept applications for it.  We obviously have to be careful who has admin, and it will usually be saved for the players that we have known for a while.  To also make your investment serious, becoming an admin is another $50 / year.  It’s more of an ownership, and frankly a little more risky than a reserve.

Can I get kicked out of .gc?

Yep, and we’ll keep your money too.  Don’t bother joining if you’re not willing to uphold standards that you are probably already aware of.  If not, we’ll have these posted somewhere for you to read before you make your big decision.

Who runs .gc?

Each .gc member has a vote to cast in major .gc decisions, such as new servers, mods, settings, etc.  All important decisions will be voted on.  All coalition members are part-owners.

Can I pay any other way than paypal?

If you want to mail a money order or some certified check or something, it’ll cost ya an extra $5 pain-in-the-butt fee.

Where does the money go?  What if there is money left over?

Your dues go to, in order:

1. Game Server budget

2. Domain / Hosting

3. Savings for future servers / addition of servers.

if you join this, like you said you can join any team you'd like (in the coalition), what if someone wanted to join Mmmm.... do they have to be in Mmmm to join the Mmmm in the coalition? lol little confusing but hey i tryed.

What was the history for .gc?

Where can I find the web site?

Who started .gc?

When if ever will there be a .gc server?

How will my donation to .gc help the community?

Why $50 donations? Can't I donate smaller amounts to help?

GC Founder
When if ever will there be a .gc server?

Is this really a question? (there's 2 already...not sure if you noticed but there's no Mmmm on either of the servers.....hasn't been for a couple weeks or so)

Thanks for all the rest of the conversation, everyone. Please keep the questions coming.

GC Founder
Oh, I get what he means now.  I thought he mean no Mmmm's have been on the CS servers the past 2 weeks but he meant no one uses the Mmmm tag on the CoD servers.

All Mmmm are still Mmmm and wear Mmmm everywhere.....

Does .gc = Mmmm?

No, Mmmm is a team in The Gamer’s Coalition.  .gc members can be on whatever team they like.  The membership follows them wherever they go.  It’s a person-by-person membership, sorta like NRA.