Vision

Guest SuicidalSpirit

Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guests

Tell me if this makes sense to you. I believe how we see people (if their atrractive or not) can be influenced by how you think of them, or by the fact that possibly everyone can see things slightly different. make sense?

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Err, well... depends on what you mean. I mean, you can tell if someone is shaped a certain way by touch aside from sight. But that attractiveness thing, it brings to mind an old adage:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I bet that your attitude about somone has some effect on this.

I think it mostly just the exact opposite. What we think of people is based a lot on what we see without even knowing the person.

I was always more attracted to brunettes rather than blondes (that is just a simple example). So Im probably more apt to think kindly of brunettes as opposed to a blonde.

If that made any sense :blink:

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Have you ever had an experience where you see someone in a different way than you did when you first met them? Like maybe there was something there you never saw before? I know I have!

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Eh, beauty is what you think it is, but not saying what you think is completely free from outside influence. I love brunettes, but I despise blondes. That's because that every half-baked blonde want-to-be Brittney SPears sickend me to the point in where I wanted to throw up. I love brunettes because of girls like Elizabeth Hurley, -drool-.

And of course, physical appearance isn't everything, but if you are not even slightly attracted physically to someone else, how well can the relationship work? I am not shallow, just I am not going to say I am the sweetest guy in the world that only cares about personality because no person can truly say that without lieing to him or herself.

Well, that falls into the question: Do you judge people?

It's just who I am, but if I see someone that is dressed in a complete goth outfit, I only see a person driven by their insecurities, to the point which they have to dress a way to "rebel" against society, but it's just to get people to look at them. Or, when I see a girl with proxide bleech blonde hair, a roxy sweatshirt, mudd pants, and a Playboy visor wearing glitter eyeliner and pink lipstick. I see a person, just lost in what they "want" to be. So, I suppose visions affect what you think, but aren't you judging the person BEFORE you get to know them? Or does this thread have to do with visions after you have known the person for a while? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I can see how this is related to Christianity ...

At any rate, I like women of all "hair" colors ... man, pick a color and I can name a beautiful girl with that color.

To me, without question, a woman's personality has a huge contribution to her overall "appearance".

There have been beautiful girls that I have been totally unattracted to because of their terrible personality and attitude. And there have been average to homely girls I've thought were gorgeous because they were incredibly cool.

But take it from me when it comes to selecting a woman. I'm one of the oldest guys in the community and I've gone through it all. I've lived all over the country, been to all sorts of places and done all sorts of things with all sorts of people.

- Make sure she can cook! -

Everything else comes second.

Live by these words and you will be a happy, happy man.

Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guest SuicidalSpirit
Guests

i tend towards brunettes, but maybe its just some girl hitting puberty, but ive noticed some girls after talking to them just seemt o look better after a while, and witchy girls slowly looking more unatractive, prob is as ubernewb says, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jkruz
Guest Jkruz
Guest Jkruz
Guests

i agree. personally i think that if you have something against someone they loose their beuty.

If you think a girl is hot then find out she has say AIDS then you are no longer attracted to her and think something like whore, or to that nature.

Sure we all go for particula looking people weather we know it alot. I like brunetts too, i could think of some blondes that are hot but i would like brunetts.

so all in all a persons beauty is not skin deep.

how about a girl with pink hair :P

its true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When I first saw my ex passing in the hallway I thought he was a tall, hot, mysterious guy who was perfect looking in everyway.. after dating him for 9 months he changed. Maybe he didn't really but in my eyes he did, i didn't see that tall shy guy anymore I saw him. I saw his flaws, his scars, his uneven eyebrows, i saw everythingm, I saw everything. And about 3 months ago I thought back to that guy I saw in the hallway, i compared their faces, they were 2 completely different looking people. Looks can change when you get to know someone.

I think that looks do have to do with what we think of people, when people see me, the way I dress my pink hair and such some are afraid to approach me in fear of me being mean or weird. But this is exactly why I dress and look the way I do. People are judgemental no matter what they do, its just how it happens. But I try my hardest not to be, because I know how much it hurts when someone wont talk to you because of the way you look or dress. Like I said before because of the way I dress, look, walk ect.. people think im a mean person or im weird or people think they wont have anything in common with me because I look so different, when in fact when they do take the chance and talk to me I'm a kind person worth talking to. I love to fool with peoples minds :)B)

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Natural blondes will disappear... saw some weird thing on the news, some hundred years or something and they are predicted to be gone. :ph34r:

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
natural extremely dark brown to black hair

that's buhttercup's hair color