MCC Roundup.

ConGregation

Eight teams and dozens of players brought their skill to the battlefield this week. Four teams vanquished their foe while four teams tasted that bitter thing called defeat.

Monday night was the rookie match. MwR invading DW on Office. This HAD to be the match of the week. First half MwR defended as T's and stopped DW cold. It was a hard fought half but DW could only eke out 2 or 3 wins. The second half was played on Platinum due to pings and things got a little rocky. The absolutely all around great guy that was adminning messed up. First of all we couldnt get the buy time straight. And DW took advantage of the extra time to buy nades. Finally Fat came in and set it right. Kudos to MwR for keeping a great attitude throughout the whole thing. DW put the hex on MwR just as bad. Archaic with his spray and pray reign of death and Rhah with some great defensive work stopped the Midwest Rollers cold. After two halves the score was tied. The advantage in overtime goes to the visitor so MwR chose T. DW tried valiantly to win from the hard side but in the end MwR set them down. MwR gains their first ever MCC victory in one of the more exciting matches ever recorded in the MCC. But DW has nothing to hang their heads about. They played great and Im sure we will see some great things from these guys in this season.

Tuesday DLM went up against TF on their home map, train. DLM struggled last season but look out cause DarkAngel is back. This is the man who almost singlehandedly won MCCI. Put him in their with Zad, Yermother etc and you have potential for upsets. TF looked strong last season and had great prospects to improve this time around. I didnt get to see the entire match but TF looked really solid in what I saw. I usually tend to root for the monkeys just cause they have been around so long and displayed one of the best attitudes in what had to be a terribly frustrating season last time. But my rooting helped none at all. Darkangel was just too rusty to dominate but TF was a well oiled machine. Victory to TF on their home map!

Wednsday Mmmm attacked S!d. This was going to be an interesting match. S!d struggled hard last season and even looked down the black hole of clan exstinction. But they are back and are they ever back! Gaining talent and skill in the off season, these guys are a force to be reckoned with. Mmmm was strong last season, beating all comers except DOH. But the off season wasnt as kind to the hosts. They lost some key players and are still regrouping to a degree. First half Mmmm did decent as CT. But when it came time for the T side, S!d was inpenatrable! The S!d boys knocked down the old dogs. And they did it without even breaking a sweat. Look out boys, there just might be a new powerhouse this season. Meanwhile dont count Mmmm out just yet.

Thursday DOH invaded CsLs on Italy. I didnt get to see much of this match. I saw some of the first half and CsLs had a couple of wins. I wondered if that would be enough seeing how biased the map is toward Ts. But the champs arent ready to relinquish the crown just yet. Even thought they lost some great players, Quick and Cane are back to their old form! I dont know about you, but DOH looked mighty good in that first match. Meanwhile CsLs will need to regroup. They might just have the most talented team in the tournament. Once these guys gel as a team they could handle just about anyone.

On to this weeks matches.

DW at DOH

This should be an interesting match. DW showed they wouldnt be a pushover for anybody this season. Yet DOH looked excellent in their win. It is kind of a bummer for DW to face some of the best teams in its first two weeks. Can they rise to the challenge? I guarantee you one thing... DOH will be ready! It is on their home map so I would give them the advantage. Plus they have Cane... what more needs said

DOH-19 DW-11

S!d at MwR

These guys meet on good old Dust2. Another great matchup. MwR squeaked out a win while S!d stomped Mmmm. Looks to be evenly matched. I played against S!d and I know I was impressed! It will probably come down to who just has the better night. Home field advantage wont play as large a roll seeing as it is a very familiar map. I think Im going to have go with S!d on this one. But I will be rooting for MwR just cause S!d was very mean to me last week. =)

S!d-17 MwR-13

Mmmm at DLM

The rematch!! Before most of you guys were around, Mmmm played DLM on prodigy. DLM destroyed us! Ever since then Mmmm has feared prodigy. I remember one bright spot though when NCC got a three kill nade in the box hall! Anyway the rematch will be this Wednsday. Both these teams struggled in their first outing and now one will even their score while one will go to 0-2. This will be on DLM's map so they might capitolize on that advantage while Mmmm will be rarin for their first win.

No pick since my team is involved.

CsLs vs Th3Fall3N

This should be a good matchup as well. These teams had some great games last season and we will expect the same here. Can CsLs rebound from the loss to DOH? We will have to wait and see. Meanwhile TF is riding high after its beating of DLM. This will be on TF's map and they played it last week so that has to be a HUGE advantage to them. Im picking TF but will be rooting for the underdog =)

TF-17 CsLs-13

The playing field seems to be a lot more level this season which should make for some great matches. Who will rise out of the heap as the one to beat? This week should tell us a lot!

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

ooOOOo..like whut u did...

DW-10 DOH-20

S!d-19 MwR-11

Mmmm-14 DLM-16

TF-18 CsLs-12

thats my 2 cents

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests

hey i dont have to work during our match this time!!!!!!!!!! maybe ill play...........maybe not.............maybe my comp will work......maybe not..........

gotta say though csls over thefallen ;)

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Hitman (aka Slinky) I can't wait to see this guy light it up in S!D's match this week. He was definately my pick of the week for MVP. He made it look pretty easy out there.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

"Archaic with his spray and pray reign of death", thanks i suppose but i think Dannon or Belgarath played a better game then me.