Knoppix Linux

Nyah ha.

I didn't know you could just hit enter... I typed knoppix hehe. If the computer you're running has enough RAM (>512MB) you can type "knoppix toram" to load the whole CD into RAM and speed up load times.

I have an article from Maximum PC I still need to scan in that is sort of a Primer for Beginning Linux-heads.

And yeah, Helix is a customized version of Knoppix, with primarily secutriy and forensix related utilities only.

Oh yeah. Just to let everyone know. Helix did not recognize the on-board NIC either at first. I had to play around with the config file until I got it working. This was on a Dell Inspiron C840 laptop btw.

bah, I hate the windows ftp client. I tried using my ftp prog and changing all kinds of settings still woulnt let me get it, I reboot with 20 min left now I have 550 meg iso with no resume.

booo, helix and knoppix doesnt like this machine, it always gets hung while booting. Ive had Red Hat 9 on here before so I know I can get linux to work, just not the boot off cd version