9700 PRO

jane

Can anyone tell me wher I can find a non-refurbished one? Ive been checking Newegge everyday. It just shows me refurbs and one new one... I dont like the reviews on the new one. Any thoughts? Where else can I look? :unsure:

i can tell... :( that kinda sticks me up. Cuz that was about the highest I wanted to spend. But then the9600XT isnt all that much worse(though I'd like to see the benchmarks on BFvietnam before getting it). And the 9800PRO is just a bit too much. Ugh and any comparable gForce is outthere as far as price.... :(<_< im gonn ahve to hold off for a few weeks and get some money and then we'lll see what might happen. :twitch:

I would recommend the 9600XT. It is a very nice card. And it's handle all the games I play extremely well. IE: CS, Far-Cry(very graphic intensive game), UT04demo, COD.

Don't think you would disappointed with it. :peace:

rgr that i got that exact page in my favorites list.... :P

lunk. i've been thinking bout the xt. And I think if i cant find myself a 9700 PRO sometime soon, I'll end up going with the 9600 XT. I have looked it over and it does handle things nicely. Its just that as far as BF goes, the 9700PRO is definately the best buy(in my opinion after looking over the benchmarks time after time). Thanks for dropin a line everyone. ;)

jane

I just purchased a nvidia cause I got tired of my ATI's having a game or two that just didn't work properly.

I thought it was my comp but i had the same problems as my cousin (exact same) with the same 2 games. I read the support and found ATI has these problems not and then so I finally hopped trains for less horsepower.

I purchased the 5600fx ultra 128 ddr 8x so I hope all goes well with it.

I hear far cry is way graphic intensive. I wonder if HL2 or doom will be as intensive...

aug

not to answer for bird, but i think he was tryin to say that the 256mb black pcb version of the 9600XT is a waste and i agree. The 9600 core just doesnt have the power for 256mb of ram and the games that require it also just arent there. Spare yourself and stay with 128mb cards for now unless you have money to blow or you buy a card that only comes with 256mb like the 9800xt.

Powercolor products have been fine for normal use from what I have seen(maybe not overclocking).

The Black PCB sapphires dont overclock well at all and like killa said 256mb of ram is just a flashy feature on the 9600's.

Will doom 3 and hl2 be as intensive as Farcry? :huh:

:D

You better believe it.

There is a new farcry demo out btw.