My Progress

Fatty

well, your target rate might not be very high, but the longer you maintain it...the better. try speed walking for 10 minutes or build up to 10 minutes...keep your heartrate higher than normal, but dont overdo it.

GC Founder

You guys hijacked my topic!

Playaa: Do some searching on "target heart rate." Phys Ed teachers teach about this...it's a multiple of your resting heart rate that you're supposed to maintain say for 10-15 minutes while working out. I can't remember the % in how to calculate.

Back to me: I sit here munching on an apple fritter at the office.... I've been "resting" for 3 weeks. Started with spring break, and then I decided I wanted to see what would happen to my weight if I stayed off. I'm happy to say that I really haven't gained much weight. I thought I was going to steadily balloon right back. One thing I've told myself is that I'll NEVER go back over 200 lbs. EVER. (I was 220 at start of all this)

At any rate, next week = back on the mill.

yeah, I took the advice and instead of running or just walking I've been keeping a steady pace at about 2 mph and I can feel my heart pumping away...it just feels better all around.

though I STILL haven't lost a single pound (have actually gained 5 since I started)...but my pants are all a bit looser...I actually need to wear a belt now.

>> yeah, I took the advice and instead of running or just walking I've been keeping a steady pace at about 2 mph and I can feel my heart pumping away...it just feels better all around.

though I STILL haven't lost a single pound (have actually gained 5 since I started)...but my pants are all a bit looser...I actually need to wear a belt now.

keep that mess goin Playaa. Shoot for 20 minutes, maybe 30 when you build up to it. Its all about keeping that heart rate up. Honestly, you will see drastic changes by the end of the year if you keep that up and eat healthy foods. People might not even recognize you any more.

>> Are we gonna have to change your name fatty? Maybe to mildly plump, or not so fatty.

Hes still a bastard though o0o