A fresh perspective..

Wrong Soul. Atheists believe that we are just a random occurrence and just here for your lifespan and then dead forever.

Read above NOFX and the context in which the original comments were made. They were made in the context of a higher power or ongoing life, etc... In this case Atheists believe in nothing

an atheist is someone who doesnt believe in a god or Gods. Has nothing to do with random occurances and whatnot. The way I see it people can have some atheist thoughts and be part of a buddhist religion as well.

Sure it does. They believe in nothing. They do not even accept the notion of a God or higher power thereby eliminating Buddhism as well. They believe that we are a natural occurence here for a time then dead forever. .

I'm sure very few people actually believe that due to how fun it is to think about coming back as an eagle or something.. Now what they outwardly say when asked? Kinda like how everyone claims they are a Christian but they really have no idea what that actually entails...

Kinda like how everyone claims they are a Christian but they really have no idea what that actually entails...

Really? Who is everyone? Which ones do not know what it entails? I am sure there are some that do not....not "everyone".

I'm sure very few people actually believe that due to how fun it is to think about coming back as an eagle or something..  Now what they outwardly say when asked?  Kinda like how everyone claims they are a Christian but they really have no idea what that actually entails...

im actually interested in what WT said here..... :P

what do you mean what Christianity entails? I would like to hear your perspective(this is gettingofftopic.gif) on what Christianity entails...... :unsure::wub:

Again, why is it apparent? Who are these many?

These many are all around us. They are the ones that Playaa cites as being against when talking about Christianity and him being a "Jesus-ite". To the ones that despize him, they are the "Pat Robertsons" of the world. They are "many". They are the ones that make you want to say "that ain't Christian". And to them, with some of your views, You are the "many". Get it? There are "many" friend. The ones who say they are "Christian" but never go to church and don't really care about religion. The just say they're Christian. Or the ones that goto church everyday but still spew and breed hatred.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk the the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle.

:freak:

:(

8P)

:disgust:

:bang:

ugh

slap.gif

im getting sick of this too WT. I dont know what to tell you. It hurts me to see the hypocrysy(me too, i still sin and show the world a bad version of a christian) in the "Christian" church today. But once again, try to get past the whole issue with the people themselves. You admit we all sin. The one exception to that rule is Jesus. He told us the way to go, he showed us the way to life and truth. He was it. "Many" ;) christians dont walk in faith. Many dont live the life Jesus did. Many profess to be saved, and may not be. I would say that the only way youre ever gonna come to know God as we(soul, playaa, fatty, dweez, preach, and i) do is if you intensely studdy God's Word and find the answers to these questions on your own. We will do the best we can to allow you the space you need and the time you need and the help you need. But in the end, it comes to down to this: Which is more valuable, your soul or your logic? Logic seems the way to go, but in the end, which is true? Is it imperitive to always be in the right? Is it imperitive to always know(in your mind) that you have the final answer? In the end, God will draw you to him, if you allow him.

jane(still praying for you :P )

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk the the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle.

ah...the wonderful Carmen

I listened to that afroed man quite often as a youngling...his songs may not be the coolest sounding but their message is timeless

Wrong Soul. Atheists believe that we are just a random occurrence and just here for your lifespan and then dead forever.

Read above NOFX and the context in which the original comments were made. They were made in the context of a higher power or ongoing life, etc... In this case Atheists believe in nothing

an atheist is someone who doesnt believe in a god or Gods. Has nothing to do with random occurances and whatnot. The way I see it people can have some atheist thoughts and be part of a buddhist religion as well.

Sure it does. They believe in nothing. They do not even accept the notion of a God or higher power thereby eliminating Buddhism as well. They believe that we are a natural occurence here for a time then dead forever. .

I hate to prove people wrong soul, but whatever your view is of atheist is wrong. atheist do no dismiss the idea of a higher power, they dismiss the idea of God or Gods.

My Webpage

Please learn about the religion, when I say learn I dont mean read and disagree with it. Try to be open minded and acctually learn.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism.htm

after you learn about the religion please tell me what God or what higher power am I dismissing that buddhism encorporates?

I hate to prove people wrong soul, but whatever your view is of atheist is wrong. atheist do no dismiss the idea of a higher power, they dismiss the idea of God or Gods.

Perhaps you want to take your own advice? I will explain clearly. Higher Power = God/Savior/deity/Gods/Goddesses, etc... Perhaps you know of a different "higher power"?

http://www.google.com/search?q=define:atheism

As far as the Buddhist thing I am wrong on that, since there are no Gods/Higher Powers then a Buddhist could be an atheist and you could even make the parallel that a devout buddhist would have to be an atheist.

(edited)

correct, buddhist do not beleive in Gods, but then again I am wrong, because I do not think a buddhist would care if there is a God or not. So therefore he would not claim to be something that he doesnt wish to think about.

EDIT*

In my opinion a higher power doesnt have to = a God. A higher power could be any type of power.

Edited by NOFX

(edited)
I am not sure what you mean by "any type of power".

It could be the same power that makes gravitional forces near earths surface 9.82 m/s². Which doesnt necessarily mean there is a God.

Edited by NOFX

I am not sure what you mean by "any type of power".

They talk alot about an "inner flame" or "spark". Energy, the universe. I like to think we are all part of whatever this is we exist in. Like if it Is a God, then we might equate to a miniscule piece of a particle in it's fabric. So when I make a wave, it ripples real time. Not sits there and accumulates so I can stand before a judge. if we say God is this mysterious un-fathomable figure, we sure have figured him out pretty good. lol

So when I make a wave, it ripples real time. Not sits there and accumulates so I can stand before a judge. if we say God is this mysterious un-fathomable figure, we sure have figured him out pretty good. lol

Who says it does not "ripple" in real time? I believe it does. Your actions throughout your life affect others and those ripples will always continue to spread. This is all part of God's plan, to even assume we have him figured out would be incorrect in my opinion.