Headphones/Headsets

urk?!?

i just want some headset that has a mic, can hear ppl switch to there mic across the map or close to it, and have some bass. lemme know what you think fits into this category?

supposedly the Plantronics Audio .90's DO break often and wear out...

but I've had mine for almost a year and have sat on them, rolled over them, dropped them MILLIONS of times, flung them across the room accidentally (y'know like when you catch the cord and don't realize it then stand up)...and mine are fine.

paid $16 for em too

oh and flux...the day I got these headphones I was AMAZED at how many more sounds I could hear...and these aren't even the best on the market

The .90s are known for inconsistent quality control. It's sorta like a blind draw--sometimes you get lucky (like Playaa) and they last for a while. I have 4 pairs of them. The first one I bought 4 years ago when they first came out, still works. The other 3 stopped working (one ear went out, mic died, cable came undone) within 3 months.

I don't recommend them anymore bcs it's a potluck draw on whether or not you get a good set. The DSP500s are even worse. I've RMAd 5 of them.

The Sennheisers are ownage. GotGear has sold hundreds of them and we've RMA'd 5 total. (FLUX) The PC130s are a good buy if you're looking for .90 quality/price--this is usually the entry level model. If you can afford the 55$, go for the PC150s--sound quality as good as the digital DSP500s and great reliability. The PC155s (a USB adapter and a slightly improved PC150 headset) are awesome. Absolutely awesome.

If you just want great headphones though, nothing, and i mean NOTHING beats the HD590s. Price is something to consider here too, but they are flat out amazing.

i just want some headset that has a mic, can hear ppl switch to there mic across the map or close to it, and have some bass.  lemme know what you think fits into this category?

Just an FYI, but by definition, a "headset" means headphones with a mic.

Anyway, I use the .Audio 90's too and have used them for months with no problem. I have just been eyeing those Sen's for a while now.

yea i will agree with the quality thing..But I was pretty rough on my first pair. My second pair are awesome, im taking care of them and if you used cheap headphones up until now, when you hear the bass in these babys you will crap your pants.