Really need advice

san`

Ok guys, I don't know what to do anymore. My best female friend has developed a bit of a drinking habbit... and has recently been kicked out of house and moved back in. She's only 17, and everyday I spend upwards of 6 hours talking to her trying to console and help her out.

I've convinced her that she needs to quit drinking, and has, but now she's quite depressed and doesn't know what to do. I've told her to talk with her family, teachers, or even a professional, but she's scared.

Should I offer to go with her to talk to one of them?

Any bit of advice would be great, I'm actually quite worried and don't want to see anything happen to her.

I think going with her to talk to a professional is a perfect solution.

and being there for her as well...just understand and make sure she understands that you don't have all the answers...but you're willing to help her find the answers

This is a 13 year olds oppinion. I just want to help.

You could go with her to a professional. It would actually be a good idea. You could give your opinion about the whole scenario.

Another thing, is have something i call a "lock-down" I saw this in a movie about smoking, it could help. You two, and any other good..i mean GOOD friends hang out over night. But you do not let her drink. You drink water, soda etc. You could do tons of things like pranks, tv, games etc. Do it with good friends because they will help and not let her cheat.

Underage drinking is a big problem here at Gbury highschool

fortunatly, both myself and my gf are straight edge.

Were she to take up drinking, trying to help her myself would be good. But if it gets to be a serious problem. Go with her to a professional, she will be less embarassed with you there. Furthermore, maybe help it along by finding the pro and schedualing it for her.

GC Alumni
Homer,Apr 6 2004, 06:00 PM] Have her go to AA.

I thought of this, but she'd really like to keep it confidential, so naturally I thought seeing a professional would be the best...