Serious FPS problem

Crowbar

So I was doing fine with my GeForce 2 GTS/Pro 64 mb card on CS. It was just a few other games that it lagged in. So I get a 9800 Pro and things are running well. Except CS. I'm getting serious fps lag in CS and I don't know why. It's really frustrating, since CS should be able to run perfect on a 9800 Pro. I got 100 fps on a GeForce 2, why not on a 9800 Pro, right? Instead I'm getting 70, down to 30 in combat. What am I missing?

Card settings

Omega v2.5 (under the "Options" tab, it says Omega 4.3)

OpenGL settings "Balanced"

V-Sync - Default off

Monitor refresh rate 60 hz (I just changed it to 75, haven't tried playing yet)

CS settings

32-bit color

decal limit 0

bullets 30

fps_max 101

developer 1

Is there a CS setting I haven't put in? Any help is appreciated. :bang:

No you dont need to goto 16 bit... Its a problem with the radeon cards, i fixed mine with a refreshforce program.. My monitor tells me what refresh rate its running at.. I can force the refresh rate through directx but for opengl i had to use refreshforce...

Otherwise i was stuck at 60hz and with my vsync on it was a steady 60fps in the game.. But now im using 100hz and its 100fps...

So its a refresh rate problem man... Maybe thats it, it was with me and my Radeon9700..

TRUEForm is default off as well, I'll set both it and V-Sync to Always off. I just un-checked that little box that says "Hide refresh rates this monitor cannot display properly" and now it's set at 100 hz. Guess the monitor can display it properly, cuz everything looks fine. I don't have time to test CS out right now though, I'll try it later.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

crow please tell, cause i've got a 5600 ultra stuck at 60hz on my 19 lcd. my monitor can handle 75 hz so I'm wondering if my lcd will affect my card. My cousin has the exact same monitor with a 5900xt and he runs 200 fps in CS. So I tend to think its not the hz but I'd like to hear more about the refreshforce stuff.

Auggy

i get 125fps solid in cs with my 5600. I have vsync off monitor is at 75hz and AA and AF are at 4X. Right click on desktop, goto properties, click on the settings tab, click the advanced button, click the monitor tab you should be able to change refresh rates there.

thx the only selection I have is 60. I've tried everything.

but indeed my monitor is capable of doing 75.

I dont even think the refresh rate will bottle neck the gpu

or the cpu. It's all output to te screen so I cant see how that could be.

what processor do you have. I'm a 533 bus 1.4 p4 with 1.0 gig

will this bottleneck me up?

Auggy

As for you Auggy, you may want to go to your monitors website and make sure you have your specific monitors driver installed instead of just the windows plug in and play monitor driver. It made a world of difference for my monitor and refresh rates.

As for you Auggy, you may want to go to your monitors website and make sure you have your specific monitors driver installed instead of just the windows plug in and play monitor driver. It made a world of difference for my monitor and refresh rates.

thats a good idea too.