Atkins Diet

Trouble .gc

Bad. The Atkins Diet's selling point is that it puts your body in a state of ketosis. The claim is that it more efficiently burns fat and reduces the ability of sugar to turn into fat. This is true to an extent, but only part of the story. Your body is burning fuels in a method that it isn't used to, so it is utilizes them less efficiently, which is good for fat burning, because you have to burn more fat to get the same amount of energy, but it requires a larger energy investment, which will lead to a lower overall energy level, and it requires the body to shape itself around the fuel, changing complex biological processes. It's like running your car on alcohol. Alcohol will burn in the engine, and the system will run...But how long, and what damage are you going to do? If you consider it, I recommend talking to a doctor about ketosis. WebMD has a short page on it:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/46/273...C-9531713CA348}

Or just go to Webmd and look up ketosis. Standard "duh" moment, a web site is not a doctor and anybody with serious health concerns should see a licensed medical professional.

Also, there's talk that the Atkins diet, being high in protein, is good for building muscle. This is absolute garbage. An increase in protein is warranted (protein = muscle building blocks) but you need a high amount of energy to build up your muscles, and you get your best bang-for-buck energy from (you guessed it) carbohydrates. Effective workouts require a proper balance, and the longer you want to go the more carbohydrates you need. Marathon runners "carboload", or store up on energy deposits, before their run to ensure they can make it.

It's all about balance, and the Atkins diet lacks that balance. Of course, that's just one opinion. I encourage you to look more into other avenues and to follow up on my qualms.

Im not a fan of Atkins at all, although it does work.

I AM a fan of cutting out sodas and desserts and other extra sugars. Just eating balanced healthy foods and a little regular excercise is the winning equation for 90+ % of people.

I am eating a regular meal, and a meal made of just veggies, fruit, and a little protein. That's my daily diet. Then I have a litte bit in the evening. I try to only drink water also. I'm playing B-bal 15-30 minutes a day and increasing it. I am also going to start walking/jogging.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

If you value your health, do NOT do this.

It's horrible for your health, gives yo low injury and can cause serious bodily harm.