Pointless Maps

Fatty

GC Founder

All of GC contributing 100 bucks each would be even cooler.

But moving on, you say:

nothing crappier than being the only .gc in a server and NOT having Admin rights and having some idiot call you on it when you tell them to stop doing something...

And I answer: Crappier than that is you warning someone and them still laughing at you and you not being able to follow up the warning with anything. o0o

I warn everytime I look in HLSW or get in Trop.  Warning should be the first way to get their attention.  They ALWAYS ask why they were warned.  Now you have their attention.  It's beautiful.

If they whine about it, warn them again.

mrX, how about this, can you create us a graphic on the use of warns / member?

We could start today and equate good admining with warnings (partial joke, but not completely joking).  Textpad should let you at least sort by member, no?  Dunno.

Here are the warning numbers from 4/18/04 to today:

Sanders 2

Trouble 8

Bigshaw 20

Magruter 23

mrX 9

Linch 17

Fatty 2

urk 2

Lunk 19

Tropolis II 5

Ghost 2

Facehole 1

The only issue I have here is this.

We have admins who DON'T put hardly anytime on the CS Server. But feel the need to condemn the maps that are played. Citing that there are some folks that won't hang around due to map rotation. Which may be partly the reason. When in reality they only want to play dust2, aztec & inferno. Didn't realize we were here for the few narrow minded. So, I guess everyone is happy with an empty server during the day?

Everytime I'm on. I always ask what people want for the nextmap. Sometimes they respond and sometimes they don't. If they don't then I take the liberty of picking the next one. And yes sometimes we do get in a rut on aim type maps. We also get in a rut playin' dust2 & aztec.

The thing I hear the most is: Everyone is complaining about choke and bad pings. And how teams are always stacked one way or the other.

The thing I hear the most is: Everyone is complaining about choke and bad pings. And how teams are always stacked one way or the other.

I'd just tell em to stop whining and play the game

as for the fun maps...I have no problem with a little scoutzknives every once in awhile...but the massive amounts of maps like that are what caused people to ask for them all the time now...the server seems to be more about the fun maps now than the regular maps...

how about instead of just asking which map they want next...offer em like 3 choices off the top of your head...then they still get a choice but it's not always gonna be "SCOUTS!!!"

GC Founder
Prolly gonna need to add this flag also to .gc members:

; Access flags:

; i - amx_chat and other chat commands

Did this today, although it only effected swoop, dweez, and bullet...playaa just got on the admin track today.

Hrm... well I've been splitting time between CS and UT, which basically means once a week in each game. I love the warn feature too and definately agree with that... on to the main issue.

I agree with playaa's proposal, except for #3 (like Fatty). A fixed map rotation on time rotations (Off-peak, peak is fine) where offpeak includes the aim maps etc, and peak is "competitive" maps--NO third party maps that aren't aim maps. Encourage map voting so that admins have some basis for changing the map. I've had folks ask me to change before and refused because it's one voice, and I generally hate aim maps. HOWEVER, if I knew there was an general consensus for a map, I would switch that map in a heartbeat. Giving the random players on our servers a voice encourages them to join our community.

I definately try to be more active in leading when I get on a server. Altho, tbh, 1/2 the time when I'm playing I'm also on the phone with my girl--not sure how much she'd appreciate me interjecting a "BOMB 1 GET THERE NOW!" into our vacation planning. ;p