How's the Atmosphere in Trop II?

Fatty

well DJ...in the situation on Aztec...you could have simply explained it to the admin..think about the appearance to him...one round you spawn camp (albeit to save your own life), he tells you not to...the next round he happens to catch you killing two CT's at your spawn even though he just told you not to spawn camp

no matter what the teams were and how the score was...it looked like you were disobeying a direct order from an Admin...

the other situation...all I can say is that each admin is their own person...there are always going to be some that people won't get along with...but others will get along with the same admin...maybe that's why there are so many?

I've had bad incedents on Mmmm servers (and .gc servers) before too...but I've had 100 times as many good incidents...

GC Founder

DJ,

I'm gonna guess it wasn't me....if it was, you can PM me to insert my foot, but I don't see you describing me.

All I have to say is, tell someone next time. What you describe is a crime and we have a specific process of discipline set in place, that goes from warnings within to removal of admin.

I notice when people like you stop playing because people like you are able to take others with you without saying a word.

Done properly, admins can be reported and dealt with. If it's me, PM mrX, he's not afraid to prosecute me.

(edited)

I was present for the incident in question, and I realize .GC has standards for adminning and stuff, but that night was just a pain in the butt with people with attitude all over the place. I personally don't blame the admin in question for giving up on the evening because I had too, stopped caring and just ran around blindly getting blasted because the arrogance and attitude being displayed that night was too suffocating for the game to be any fun at all.

Unfortunately this is looking like a trend of late, and like I said, I find myself also questioning whether to play on the Trop or to start up Counter-Strike at all. I liked the Trop because it was a place where I could be free from the foul language and attitude found on any other pub, but unfortunately, that seems to be fading. If I can't find that anywhere anymore, I'd really rather not play at all.

BTW Noticed you rconning today Fatty. Much appreciated. Things like that, and like Lunk said, a positive attitude from all the regs on the server, could just turn things around. I do feel sorry for the admins having to babysit and "set the example" every single second though. I know it's exhausting.

Edited by NyxErinyes

DJ,

I'm gonna guess it wasn't me....if it was, you can PM me to insert my foot, but I don't see you describing me.

All I have to say is, tell someone next time.  What you describe is a crime and we have a specific process of discipline set in place, that goes from warnings within to removal of admin. 

I notice when people like you stop playing because people like you are able to take others with you without saying a word. 

Done properly, admins can be reported and dealt with.  If it's me, PM mrX, he's not afraid to prosecute me.

No, it wasn't you. If it was, I'd have said it just cuz it was you. :P

Anyways, I haven't told anybody about this incident until now...Mmmm or not. People should just make their own judgements about where they like to play a game. I have just relayed my experience, but it appears that most ppl think Trop is a great place and that's great news for Mmmm and the community. A good band of ppl always need a good server to play on. ;)

I haven't played CS is such a long time that it hardly really matters. The only time I actually play now is when Kurtz invites me to a 3on3 or something with alltalk on.

As a whole from the times I have played its been fairly decent. Some bad times and some good times. I've seen some whiners and criers(Regular and non). I've seen some abusive admins randomly but they remain nameless due to it not being severe occurances.

I will admit though sometimes things urk me and I do have a tendancy to open my mouth so I'm one of those people who has a bad attitude at times as well.

As far as server population it has declined but hopefully you guys get it up and going again.

You know what might revive the server? Vary the game play. You have amx installed, get some of the different mods for it going. Have them able to be activated by Vote, so an admin doesnt need to be present.

Jail break - very fun mod that is like king court ( when you die you are teleport to a 'jail' in the oppositions spawn. You are able to respawn if a teammate comes in and frees you by waiting for however long it is)

Warcraft 3 mod - This can be amazingly fun, Warcraft 3 mod for amx

3rd party maps - I know this is split between the community, but make it available. I have the most fun while playing new and exciting maps. This is where skill matters and not knowing which box to shoot through to kill a camping opponent for the 2billionth time.

Monotonous can and is boring. Variation is the key, or so i conclude. Atleast make them available. They definately shouldnt be running all the time, but that is what a vote is for, it makes people feel like they have a say in how the server is run. They might care and enjoy the game they play so often then.

again, my 2+ cents.

yeah but the more mods you put on, the more crappy the server starts to run

Is there proof of that? I have never come on a server with a bunch of mods that made it crappy. That's my personal opinion. I feel no lag whatsoever. I really like the thing that shows the damage. So I can complain if I give a guy 99dmg :)

Yes, i said not all the time.

But when there is a bunch of regulars looking for a better time than just de_dust2, then there is your fool proof fun!

i like the objective based, but in a pub, it can be difficult.

I loved those deadlock tournaments.

I suppose i misspoke when i said the server was "dieing"

I suppose i meant compared to Trop I its connection attemps were just far lower.

I played in Trop when i wanted to screw around in a huge 10 on 10 game and just have fun and chat it up with everyone. I played 5v5 serious play in scrims or matches. So i suppose my opinion on how the server is doing is a bit biased because it doesnt have the same appeal that it used to for me.

However i think Jiffy hit the nail on the head. The atmosphere is good but not as good as it should be. We can work it up but I think one of the important factors is the floundering number of admins who play CS.

When Lunk, Linch, Bigshaw and others are around everything runs rather smoothly. Unfortunatly, many of you have moved onto other game (aka. CoD, UT2k4) . So when they arnt there, which is rather often. Things can get a bit nasty. Perhaps granting admin rights to .gc members who play cs, or regulars, might be an interesting step.

tru i did like the deadlock tourney, but that will never happen again. i mean i would love for it to, but i truely think it wouldn't. i'm pretty sure it would die out like the others we have tryed.