How Stuff Works?

Guest Orbital

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I'm curious as all hell about things, it's kind of annoying -- beacause my I guess "thirst" for knowledge is sort of inquenchable, but something good came out of my endless thought-process: How Stuff Works.com

It's a great, great site -- that explains almost everything you've wanted to know about Cars, Computers, Entertainment, Television, Sports -- in easy to understand, concise articles. It's amazing to me, because let's say you're learning about car engines (I was reading about turbo-chargers in the new Chrysler ME 4-12 Concept Car [it's got a AMG v12 with 4 superchargers pumping out 850 hp/850 pounds of torque, with an estimated 0-60 of 2.9 seconds (HOLY CRAP)]) and there are integral parts of a car engine, I don't understand, such as ball-bearings, cool-air intakes, etc. With this site, as you read the articles, and there are things you don't understand, smaller parts of the bigger picture, it'll give you a link to that article, explaining the smaller part you don't know. Example is: I was reading abou the supercar, didn't know what turbo-charger actually DID when the article said, "The 500,000 dollar sportscar, has four turbo-chargers in its engine ..." I clicked on the link for turbo-chargers, and now I know the basic idea down.

It's a great, great site -- I'm taking a break from it right now, since I just engulfed WAY too much information in a span of sixty minutes, and my mind hurts -- so, take a look at it, learn something new! Hope you have as much fun as I do reading the site.

BTW: Hi again MMMMCS, I'm back from college and on summer break :) I go Italy in August, but until then -- I'm baaaack. :D

(edited)
I go Italy in August

One of my best friends from high school lives over there now. Just got his dual citizenship last fall. Right now I believe he's giving walking tours of Rome. If you happen to get an american tour guide named Tyson. Tell him Noy (aka LongHair) says hi. Should be a fun time... he went over to study architecture for a semester and never really came back.... that was 3 years ago.

Welcome home dude :)

Edited by LongHair