Fahrenheit 9/11

aZaZeL

I managed to get in and see Fahrenheit 9/11 last night. I was surprised when I reached the first theater and was turned away at 5:30pm because the 7:20pm show was sold out. Not wanting to wait for the 10:20pm show, I opted for another theater.

Luckily, the other theater wasn't sold out....yet. I bought my tickets when it was only 80% sold. It eventually sold out.

At the end of this movie, the theater erupted in applause and somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 the crowd was on their feet.

As for the movie itself, I am amazed. After reading all the reviews, I went in expecting it to be kind of weak. It wasn't. I highly recommend seeing the film for yourself. A review or critique just won't give you enough information. It really has to be experienced.

Moore admits it is politically biased. He was on the Daily Show last night and the first question John asked was..."is it biased" and Moore responded...<paraphrase> "Well of course it is! These are my viewpoints and mine alone. These views are based on facts, but at the end of the day, the opinions are mine. It is a major op/ed piece and you can choose to agree or disagree with my views".

The intent of the film was not to be a strict documentary. It is an opinion piece based on facts. You may look at the same facts and have a very contrasting viewpoint. Moore himself called his work a movie.

yes of course he has his opinions throughout the movie, its his movie!

But that doesnt mean it isnt fact-filled, or truthful most of the time. With those truths comes his views intertwined.

Very good movie, well worth seeing it.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Just please... do not call it a documentary. Documentaries are not opinion pieces. They are films with nothing but the facts and maybe some opinion by experts dealing with the topic at hand. It isn't a documentary and everytime I see it called that I just want to :bang:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I think it should be shown and anyone who wants to see it to see it. I do however think that those who see it should also research Moore's claims in the movie. He claims he is for the U.S. troops but wants them dead.

quote from him:

"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win."

" I'm sorry, but the majority of Americans supported this war once it began and, sadly, that majority must now sacrifice their children until enough blood has been let that maybe -- just maybe -- God and the Iraqi people will forgive us in the end. "

I encourage everyone to go see it.... when it is on video and be sure to research what is claimed.