Spiderman 2

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Anyone see it yet? Please do not spoil it for those of us who haven't seen it but please tell us what you think. Better than the first? Farenhei.... who?

I thought it was overall better than the first. However, the villian isn't nearly as cool. And this one seemed to be much more dedicated to story/character development than just fighting. But I guess that's partly due to the fact that a good chunk of the first one was used to explain how he became spiderman.

But yeah, the last 30 minutes were really what the movie was all about.

Just saw it. I thought it was leaps and bounds better than the first. I'd venture to say It's the best movie I've seen this year (not that there has been alot out) but I loved the villan and they did a very good job with the cg esp. with doc ock

I saw it last night. I will def be going to see it again, i loved it and there is alot of parts that are very funny. LOL i still cant get over the elevator part i pretty much died laughing durring that part. Im glad they left their options open for villians too. Oh man and did anyone else think MJ being tied up like that was kinda hot.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I read a review where the Green Goblin may be back next movie but I am thinking it will be the HobGoblin, but I think that would be stupid. I would rather see Venom or Carnage myself. Some kick donkey cool villians.

Harry = Green Goblin 2...

Hobgoblin comes from Europe - brings venom with him after his death.

right. there were 3 green goblins total. at one point Green Goblins 2 and 3 fight together against Spider-Man.

As for film 3's villans, It'll either be return of the Green Goblin (harry) , Lizard (dr. connor), or Venom (jamonson's son brings venom suit from space).

Jameson's son as Venom would be stupid (Cuz everyone knows Brock was Venom). Since Stan has a part in these movies, I don't think he will let it happen. For those that don't know, in the comic, on Jameson's son's space trip, something happened and he became like a werewolf or something. That would be plausible for the movie but since he wasn't much more than a bit part in the comic, I don't know if they would want to do it.

I believe several people filled th shoes of Hob Goblin but the only one I can think of at the momen is Flash Thompson.

Oh yeah, was bored a little a couple weeks ago and actually bought and read the book. :D Definitely gonna see it soon though.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I saw it last night. Amazing movie. The perfect cast for Dr. Octo.

Tobey impressed me and the fact he did less sqeeky talking while swinging around was an improvement. The fight scenes are excellent, top notch. Best to date in a super hero movie. Def want to go see again.

Saw it last week and loved it. This is by far one of the best superhero movies I have seen. In fact, the only superhero movie I liked more than this was X2, and not by much.

This movie has a great story, good character building, amazing special affects and superb directing.

We gave it an 88/100. This is a MUST SEE on the big screen.

(edited)

Sorry guy's Im a hugh Spiderman fan and I've been collecting them since around 83... so let me clear up some misinformations posted here...

Flash Thompson....Served in Vietnam. Was framed by Hobgoblin (Kingsley) as the Hobgooblin...eventually cleared...Was an Alcoholic...Set up by Norman Osborn (Green Goblin) in a car accident...currently is in a wheel cheel, never speaks, but Peter often tells him, that he his Spiderman,

Green Goblin I (Norman Osborn)...Tried to become famous by killing Spiderman..came close...eventually killed Peters fiance Gwen Stacy...Spiderman nearly took Gob's life, but spared him, but Gobbie's glider ended up killing Goblin (Imagine Spidermam I, but Gwen instead of MJ)...Harry Osborn gets tinkled and hides the fact his dad was Green Goblin...meanwhile, the chemicals Norman took help him *not die*...

Norman stayed in hiding for 7 years till around the death of his Son (see below) During the next few years alot of really crazy storylines followed..Basically, Gobbie fights The Jackel...kills him twice..then he kills SpiderMan..oh wait did I say Spiderman? Yes I did...but wait its not Peter Parker, Its Ben Reiley...spiderman's clone who thinks he's peter parker....Of course Gobbie knows its not the real spiderman, be cause he had Ben Reiley Cloned...err yeah I know, comics...

BTW...Ben Reily was known as The Scarlet SPider, and Shared the same memories as Peter...the often worked together with some hostility...When Aunt May died, Ben waited till after everyone letf the funeral to give his respects...he always hoped he was Peter Parker, but before he died he knew he was the clone...

Green Goblin ][ (Harry Osborn)...Found Spiderman's costume in Peter's closet..So he dawns the Goblin outfit...he promtly gets his donkey kicked by Spiderman...cops dont belive peter is spiderman and harry is goblin...Harry goes tot eh shrink Dr. Barton Hamilton...who learns all about the Green Goblin...Tried to be a good guy for awhile battling the hobgolin..dint work...eventually died due to a sideeffect in the serium the Osburns took.

Green Goblin ]I[ (Dr. Barton Hamilton)...He was a wuss and died like a chump...

Green Goblin VI (Phil Urich)...Toured the old Osborn Indisutry wharehouse and found the goblin suit. He Was more of Hero, He saved Liz Osborn (Norman's Wife)...eveutally he realized he wasnt up the super hero crap after getting beat up by The Sentinal. Retired.

Hobgolbin - Most think Ned Leeds was Hobgolin I...but it was later known that Kingsly was the first Hobgoblin..He was rich and found the Green Goblis formula and altered it so it would not cause insanity...After a tough fight with Spidey, he was belived to drown...He then decided to quit the bad gu thingy, so he brainwashed Ned Leeds (a reporter) into believeing HE was the Hobgoblin...After a few years of being hte man behind the man, he got feed up with Leeds and had him murdered...He then took a LOA for a while. After a while Jason Macendale decided to dawn the Hobgoblin outfit.... Kingsley didnt mind until Macendale started to let out rumors the Leeds was the original Hobgolbin. Everyone at this time assumed there was only 1 hobgoblin...If the public found out the Kingsley was the Hobgolin his buisness would be ruined...so Macendale was murdered.

Eventually SPidey kicked his donkey and sent him to jail...But theres a side story with Green Goblin that I wont go into....

Venom - Everyone knows Eddie Brock is Venom... Eddie was a reporter for a dif paper and exposed Sin-Eater...but wait..spidey caught the real Sin-Eater and Brock was labeled a fraud and fired.

But before all this there was a think call Secret Wars ][..it's way to complex..but thats where spidey git his black and white outfit..well actually it wasnt an outfit it was a living organism...an alien symobnite (sp)...After a few eyars Peter realized the symobinite was trying to take control of him...so he had the Fantasic Four use sonic waves to get rid of it....It eventually found Eddie Brock..which was bad news, since they both hater Peter Parker/Spiderman....Their main goal was to kill Peter/Spidey, but Venom had a consicence...he never wanted to hurt anyone except Spider/Parker or those who tried to stop him....SPidey evetually seperated the symobite from Eddie and placed him in jail...Then one day in prison the symobite found eddie and Venom was reborn (side note..and drop of the alien symbonite was left behind...take a guess who it becomes)...Eventually Eddie/Venom thought they killed Spiderman, so their job was done and remained seculed...but recently the symobinite has taken over his body again, and Eddie has no idea that Spidey is Parker...Apparently the symobnite is becoming like SARS and there are a FEW vemon's running aorund...

I'm tired ,but I currently own over 400+ spiderman comic's...

My prized comics are 2 issues of Spiderman #1 (Siliver & Gold Covers) signed by Todd Macfarlane...And I have a few CGC rated 9.8-10 comics..

EDIT: After rereading some of your posts...some of you have no ideal what is going on in the marvel universe..

When Hobgoblin comes, he brings Carnage with him. Harry = Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin comes from Europe - brings venom with him after his death.

OXYMORON

Jameson's son as Venom would be stupid (Cuz everyone knows Brock was Venom). Since Stan has a part in these movies, I don't think he will let it happen. For those that don't know, in the comic, on Jameson's son's space trip, something happened and he became like a werewolf or something. That would be plausible for the movie but since he wasn't much more than a bit part in the comic, I don't know if they would want to do it.

I believe several people filled th shoes of Hob Goblin but the only one I can think of at the momen is Flash Thompson.

Oh yeah, was bored a little a couple weeks ago and actually bought and read the book.  Definitely gonna see it soon though

^A true Spider fan.

Edited by redeyez

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Redeyes,

How about some back story on Carnage. =)

I have no idea what is going on in the Marvel universe right now. It would cost too much money to keep up with everything. lol

Redeyez, can't tell for sure cuz of your funking "1337" representations for I, II, and III :D , but it looks like you said that Spidey got the black costume (symbiote) in Secret Wars II. It was actually Secret Wars I (the one on the "Patchwork Planet"). Secret Wars II was were the Beyonder came to Earth.

Redeyez, can't tell for sure cuz of your funking "1337" representations for I, II, and III :D , but it looks like you said that Spidey got the black costume (symbiote) in Secret Wars II. It was actually Secret Wars I (the one on the "Patchwork Planet"). Secret Wars II was were the Beyonder came to Earth.

Yes I was wrong, it was a drunken post...oops..

(edited)

Carnage - Cletus Kasady is a bad bad man, serving aorund 11 life sentences for being a serial killer. While he was in prison he was roomed with Eddie Brock. When the symobite came to get Eddie, it left a "baby" in the cell. When this symobite bonded with Cletus he became Carnage. The Symobite being evil in nature and with Cletus history as a serial killer, it wasnt a good thing.

Carnage went on a murder rampage killing innocent people. So Spidey came to the rescue but couldnt do it alone...so had to get assitance from one of his own enemies..Venom (whom at this time lived on a deserted island thinking he killed SPideman) Venom is against the killing of innocent peole so they both managed to caputre Carnage withthe help of The Fantastic Four.

Carnage managed to escape (and get caught) a few more times..He once even bonded with The Silver Server and The Scarlet SPider.

Eventually Vemon absorbed the symobite from Carnage...but Cletus eventually found another...

Edited by redeyez

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
The extreme nerdism in this thread has shocked me....

:)

Exactly... :=

Good movie... MJ being tied up was pretty hot Dennis ;).

I'd give it a 9/10 or so, had a few beefs with it, but nothing major.