i hate computers

cutelittlerabbit

well ok so im happy i got a pretty pimped rig with 380gigs of hd space p4 3g decent video card in ti4600 whole system cost me maybe 600 bucks (won most of the parts playing jedi knight 2 and quake3 in tournys) well

im sitting online playing rise of nations with a buddy.. exit the game

hrm ok i think ill go watch some anime before bed

my computer-> H:.............. its not doing anything... beep!!!

device H is currupt or unaccessable

format drive h now ?

167 gigs 120-130 of that anime......

insert amount of cuss words and physical harm to everything i could find now...

yes it was a bad night

ya i dl before i buy

i have over 20 series on dvd i paid for though.

i have about 500 dvd's.. all my cash goes to my dvd's heh...

rest of the anime was stuff that isnt worth buying but fun to have...

like dragonball z they have yet to release subtitled of the whole series and i dont buy stuff till its complete.. etc... but i didnt loose my dbz.. thats on my server... etc

all i can say is.. SUCK..

as far as recovery dunno what software i should use.. i tried something long time ago on a diff drive and it recovered but all the movies were currupt so dunno...

if it's downloadable, it's not important. format the drive and get on with your life :) . I love that clean slate feeling. Kind of like the whole internet opens up to you and you get that "what should I download now?" feeling.

good luck with it.

(edited)

um 167 gigs

that take 2 months even with cable.. it isnt like this stuff is on peep with 100k uploads its sucky 20k max dsl/cable users...

trust me its not easy to find the stuff i had @ quality i had it.. all my stuff was direct dvd or from source rips ... no gliches no wrong subtitles.. frankly wheres your sensitivity.. format isnt the answer....

besides the "what should i download"

i have about 1.3 TB of storage space my servers and travel game pc's

space was never a issue just fact i lost my most needed stuff.... where as my servers maintain everything ive ever had or done.. beside the point :nono:

Edited by cutelittlerabbit

sry, didn't mean to be insensitive. yeah, 167 gigs would take a lot longer to fill than my 80 gigs.

you get a lot of it off suprnova? never really understood anime myself, but I got a friend who's got quite a collection, same as yourself. If most of the downloaded stuff was "preview before you buy" I took that to mean that most of what you've downloaded, you now have on DVD.

btw, any luck with fixing the problem?

its ok i was mad

/

nice link.. but mine is seend as a healthy but with no file system on it..... and setting a partion isnt a option ill try running recovery software here when i find a good one

Trust me, there are some HD recovery programs. One of my friends had the same type of thing happen and he got all his stuff back. He told me the name of the program but it went in on ear and out the other.

yo that wasnt cool fatty lol

i dont remember forum passwords ......... and i ussaly dont use proper email but i think i did for this one lol .... what can i say i dont like spam......lol

tape i hear that..

i had some software one time i used but when it recovered it all the mp3 and movies were currupt and unfixable... but im still hoping someone has names of some good programs...

Fatty...grr...that is the second time I fell for that...ther will not be a third.

Rabbit or Rabbi...whatever...sorry about the loss, I feel for ya mang. Personally, I'd chuck the drive and get a new one just to make sure that doesn't happen again. All it takes is a small spec of crud in the HD to toast it randommly for it's entire lifetime. Sister had a HD with a defect in the case...crud in...corrupt hardrive...format...3 weeks latter, corrupt hardrive...rinse and repeat.

Just a thought.

ran r-studio found all my files correct size and all

but the avi's come back currupt.. testing to see if the bin files are ok right now.. but its not looking good.. i mean what good is a recovery software if the recovred file doesnt work :P

btw recovering jpg.s dun work atm either

and ya :(

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Die fatty, I've fallen for that so many times it's becoming sad :[.

GL fixing that up man.. 167 gigs.. ouch.

At least you got that far.. I lost 80GB of stuff when I did a format and re-install.. Only I took out the 80GB drive before I did anything. GOt everythying back up and running, plugged 80GB back in and Bam, Raw Partition. Needed partitioned and formatted. No recovery or HD utility could even read the disc. Working fine now. :/

The thing about anime is, for most of it, it's not illegal at all. It's all fansubbed stuff, and it isn't licensed in the US, which means the only way for us to get it (subbed) is to download. I myself have quite a collection rabbit, but I've not got the space you do, so I usually burn to DVDs once I'm finished with a series.

The other problem is, since there are so many releases daily, a lot of the old torrents aren't seeded, so you have to resort to crappy irc downloads from some 56k user in Europe or something to that effect. Rabbit, I know somebody who's hd recently crashed, and I believe he got his avis back, so I'll ask him what he did and see if that will be of any help.