CPL

TeK

TeK
(edited)

Since you guys just had your nice own little LAN party out in Ohio, I thought it'd be nice for some of you to know this ;)

Well its that time of the year again. The CPL is once again upon us for the summer of 2004 and its shaping up to be the biggest one yet. Teams from all over the US and world are traveling to Grapevine,TX for a shot at one of the $275,000 worth of prize money to be distributed at the event throughout one of the 5 tournies with the top prize $100,000 being offered for the CS Tournament with $30,000 of that going home to the winner of the that tourney. The event runs from Wednesday the 28th through Sunday August 1st. I believe they have a 2,000 person BYOC setup, it could be more or less but thats a lot of people!

This year the event is being held at the Gaylord Hotel and Resort

A couple of pictures - http://www.thecpl.com/extreme/index2.php?p=venue

I will be in attendence at the event with www.gotfrag.com providing up to the minute updates and scores of all matches(Along with updated HLTV ip's to view the matches live) and also a supply of articles to give you some insight into the event as well as things to look foward to. Video will be available thanks to MFAVP(Videos after each day usually) and TvSN(Live stream throughout the event). TSN will be shoutcasting throughout the entire tournament

providing play by play of all matches. Check them out at www.tsncentral.com

Galleries of pictures will be up on gotfrag as well. I'm bring along my camera as well so I'll have galleries available to anyone who would like to see them.

It's shaping up to be one amazing event and the competition this year is better than ever. Be sure to check out all the media that comes out of the event. Thanks for taking the time out to read this and I hope you all enjoy whats going to be showing up in the next coming days.

Edited by TeK

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live right next to Grapevine. I think last year it was in downtown Dallas right? I guess they like TX! :)

I have been invited to play, but declined. I might show up to watch some of the fun though. Better yet, my wife will be outta town so i can stay and veg out for a good while! :D

(edited)

So how does BYOC work? Cost? Is it LAN? Would I need a team?

Edit: The Gaylord is freaking unbelievable. My jaw dropped the first time I went in there.

Does anyone here remember Boomstick? He did alot of the computers for the gaylord.

Edited by gOOters

I live right next to Grapevine. I think last year it was in downtown Dallas right? I guess they like TX! :)

I have been invited to play, but declined. I might show up to watch some of the fun though. Better yet, my wife will be outta town so i can stay and veg out for a good while! :D

Hmm, your wife is out of town and you were invited to play but declined? You feeling ok man?

if I remember right, one of my teammates became a predictor for matches for gotfrag? and I changed my name to "central predictions suck" and put in the comments "see name." It was just a joke w/ a friend but they were trying to be all professional and didnt wan't their helpers doing stuff like that.

Thats what it was right tek?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

GotFrag v2 sucks.. back in v1 GotFrag was hillarious.. now they're all "rawr we have to be professional".

Etc.

CPL should be fun.. I might even watch some NoA/EG demo's :o

TeK

Yea moss that was it. I think it just came at a bad time and they weren't going to tolerate it. Jeremy was doing preds and since u were on the same team, I knew it was a joke ;O. It OK though moss :o

Event is going pretty well. The venue is huge but limited internet access here has been hindering a lot of our coverage and HLTV access. As far as demos go, were hoping they have LAN recorded ones but hopefully come the double-elim time we'll have those public HLTV's up and demos available. We're supposed to be getting a dedicated line in here shortly for our media area so it should be boosted up. Everything is really nice and if Gotfrag doesn't get all the pics up I'll definately try and find someone here to upload to so you all can check it out what this is all about.

Some pretty nice cases in the BYOC area and the exhibition computers have the brand new 6800 Ultra PCI-expresses in them. games are running incredibly fast. Nice exhibition areas showing off MSI, Shuttle, CompUSA, and lineage 2/City of Heros along with many more.

Will check back soon and stay tuned to gotfrag for updated results and media.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I like how GotFrag does a technical update during the tournament.. *cough*.

NoA choked pretty hard.. lost to a last round deagle save, winning it would've sent it to OT.

TeK
(edited)

Wow PDO be more ignorant? We got so many hits. Jason was here busting his donkey to try and get the site stable with all the hits it was recieving.

Please don't stay stupid stuff before you know the whole story. Thanks and have a good day.

*edit* Its come down to the final day here at the event with SK.swe and EYE battling it out for the CS championship. The match before though bringing SK to the grand finals was by far one of the most emotional CS matches being here. Everyone was just screaming for Rival after every kill and for them to pull out the upset. You had to be here to feel the energy with nearly every kill Rival had. The intensitiy was unbelieveable and I suggest if your into CS at all you check out the Rival vs. SK.swe demo on cpl mill.

Edited by TeK