3 new screen shots

Guest zerodamage

it is looking like this game is going to not only look better than Doom3 but also be much more playable.

Pure speculation?

I mean it would be nice for people with crappy computers, but i doubt it would really be that different than FarCry and Doom 3 as far as hardware specs go.

thoese screens dont even come close to Doom 3 graphics.

doom12.jpg

still looks like fun though, but doom definately 'looks' better so far.

and i like new games lagging hardware, thats a good thing in my mind :D that means improvement, not the same old.

and i like new games lagging hardware, thats a good thing in my mind :D that means improvement, not the same old.

Exactly.

course it could be bad inefficient coding, but we won't mention that.

but i do like for my hardware to be pushed to it limit and not have to wait for the majority of the general public to upgrade.

6 months after doom 3 and hl2 come out i put money on the fact that there will be a ton of new games that look awesome.

Well...since I did play beta I must say taht it played pretty smoothly on my PC...and it didn't really look like it was stressing it like Doom3 did....

And as for looks, I found HL2 more gourgious...don't ask why (probably personal preferences) but it does look good...especially indoors its more than on par with Doom3. And when it comes to enviroment interactiveness it just blows away Doom3 into the garbage bin.

And as for looks, I found HL2 more gourgious...don't ask why (probably personal preferences) but it does look good...especially indoors its more than on par with Doom3. And when it comes to enviroment interactiveness it just blows away Doom3 into the garbage bin.

The shadows and lighting (what the doom 3 engine was made to specialize in) won’t be matched by the Source engine.

Source will prolly have better textures, and seem like a sweet engine because it will have huge outdoor environments (although not FarCry HUGE), but that doesn’t mean it will be more advanced than the Doom engine.

It’s just that the two games aren’t really comparable.

Just like FarCry and Doom 3 shouldn’t be compared.

Guest Guest
Guest Guest
Guest Guest
Guests

It's actually already been speculated that the Doom3 game has crappy textures. Very low res due to the ammount of horse power needed for the lighting. If you turn off Bump Mapping, you can see how crappy they really are. People complain too much though. No one notices that and really, I think they look great. It is a trade off for the spectacular lighting effects.

The problem with the Doom engine is the lack of outdoor environments which may plague many games that use the engine. It is too damanding to have large outdoor environments. Not that it isn't possible. Some of the outdoor environments on Doom3 are good size but without any serious lights.