HL2 delayed again?

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I am seeing mentions of people receiving e-mails stating that the game will ship instead on November 2nd. I hope this is wrong but like I said before, it would not surprise me considering Valve and the fact the CS Source beta is JUST starting. And they are supposed to be shipped at the same time.

Let them take their time...I for one happy that they made enough money on HL so they don't have to rush HL2...witch in turn will eventually be an amazing game...simply because it would able to push taht edge of good game to amazing game...but in order to push that edge polishing and tunning is needed and thx god Valve has time/money to make all of that, just as long as they don't go pass this X-mas in which case the results going to be opposite.

Let them take their time...I for one happy that they made enough money on HL so they don't have to rush HL2...witch in turn will eventually be an amazing game...simply because it would able to push taht edge of good game to amazing game...but in order to push that edge polishing and tunning is needed and thx god Valve has time/money to make all of that, just as long as they don't go pass this X-mas in which case the results going to be opposite.

agreed!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Valve is just well known for such things. The reason so many people dislike them is no secret or surprise. They have terrible PR.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
so? they make great games...they are in the business of making games not PR BSing after all!

I didn't say they didn't make great games (Minus CS:CZ). What I am saying is that they are horrible at PR. They give us a bad impression about them when they can't give us a firm date and everytime they give a date, it gets pushed back. I was told from someone who talked to Gabe himself that HL2 would be here middle of summer, end of June. That time has passed. Then the date was September 2nd-ish or so. Now it looks like November.

How about Team Fortress 2? While they have admited that it will be out soon after HL2 because it is using the same engine, this game was supposed to been out January 2000. How many times did that get delayed?

It's almost best if they just didn't give any dates at all and just release them when they are ready. People get their hopes up and get irritated. I know I did and if this REALLY is pushed back to November, I will be irritated once again.

man, I really hope it gets pushed back to November. If it comes out sooner, Im gonna be hooked on comp games again. I would like to spend a little time doing school work this year :)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Wait.. Valve makes great games?

They've made one game in 5 years that was great. The game they're most well known for they didn't even make (CS). Valve has made one good game, and if they screw up HL:2 they'll be a joke.