Hellllllllllllll YA!

Fatty

I was never more excited than just now watching the men's 200 Meter....all that booing and whistling (which is their form of booing?) and carrying on...something about them (Greecians?) being upset that their stud runner (missed another drug test or some other story dunno he let em down) wasn't in attendance for the most expensive night of the olympics (meaning tickets for last night cost the most)

I saw our 3 boys come around the bend and push through, I was just so jacked, yelling USA and some other mixes of cheers! Woooo!

040826_crawford_hlg_1p.hlarge.jpg

I'm glad I didn't look on the web before watching the events...that was fun! I almost have to thank those locals for creating all the suspense!

From MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5829802/

The U.S. runners were so determined to play nice they didn’t bash the hostile crowd, which showered them with boos and jeers in the absence of disgraced Greek hero Kostas Kenteris, who withdrew from the games after missing a drug test.

The start of the race was delayed for four minutes while fans whistled in derision and chanted “Kenteris� and “Hellas, Hellas�  the Greek word for Greece. They booed loudest when the Americans were introduced.

“I have no idea, and I don’t want to insinuate anything and be wrong,� Williams said. “But I do know it was more noise than I’ve ever heard.�

Gatlin said he heard more booing after the final results were posted, showing the U.S. sweep. But they quickly died down when fans saw the Americans weren’t doing anything outrageous. One fan even gave him a present: small American and Greek flags sewn together.

“We’re going to represent the United States in a good way,� Gatlin said. “We just wanted to go out and perform like gentlemen.�

GC Founder

Oh?

Sorry, I feel so silly, but lemme look something up....

Grecian

\Gre"cian\, n. 1. A native or naturalized inhabitant of Greece; a Greek.

My bad for the extra "e", but who's silly?