Online DVD store

All Kill3r

Go to blockbuster and spend $25 on their moviepass. You get 2 movies for however long you want at a time. So you can go back each day or keep two for a month. It is the best deal I could find.

You can also do Netflix but it takes 1-2 days to get the DVDs and you have to mail them back before getting more.

If you want to purchase DVDs instead of rent then use half.com or ebay since used is usually half the price of new and I have never had one come in that I could not watch.

Columbia House is always a good place too.

I recently signed up and got 7 DVD's for $27.90. I hafta buy 4 more at "normal price" in the next 2 years. The reason I say "normal price" is because I have only been signed up for 2 weeks and already have been sent promo's to get DVD's for $10 or $14 as opposed to the full price of about $18

about columbia house

there is a forum i frequent at dvdtalk.com

go to the forums section, then to the dvd bargains section

then check out the dvd clubs section glued to the stop

it has all the stuff u'll ever need to know about ch, their csr, deals, ect...

it really an awesome site for all your ch needs

enjoy :D

LOL Bugs - the only problem with that is the 3-4 day download. Then when you get it it is typically in an ISO format and when burned to CD it does not play the best. I would rather get it in AVI and watch it streamed through to my Big Screen via the xbox...

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

www.amazon.com Lots of people sell them used for less than half the cost.

I rent a ton of movies through BB now since I got the moviepass. Movies that I normally would not waste money on...just because I have the ability now to watch them. You find some good ones that way.

I used to buy most of my movies, then I found I was only watching them once....maybe twice at the very most. However, lots of friends got to watch them from me for free and then I would have some disappear over time as well. Renting is much more cost-effective for me.

Yea - the movie pass rocks. They have a gamepass as well for unlimited game rentals for $25. Then you can join me in putting up movie reviews for those rarely watched movies that more people should watch.

The movies I do buy I usually use half.com or ebay and sometimes Blockbuster will do a special where you can buy a brand new movie for $12 if you trade in an old DVD. I have gotten rid of quite a few crappy DVDs that way.

Rundown is a good action movie...I liked it, The Rock does a great job for the most part.

I have not seen Mystic River yet, everyone says it is good but it is a drama and I am not a big one for dramas.

Get Girl Next Door next time, you will laugh hard. Also try Stark Raving Mad as well. I have done a few reviews of rentals in the forum, if you have any questions post up about movies you see and I will let you know what I thought.

Usually buy from DeepDiscountDVD because they usually beat Amazon with total cost. Only thing to watch out for is that their packaging ranges from superb to terrible. My Akira Kurosawa collection arrived with 3 of the 4 push clips broken. Not a big deal because I always have spare DVD cases, just swapped them out. If you are a stickler for prestine collections you may want to try elsewhere.

(edited)
Does that work good Bugs? If I open it and then convert the MPEG2 to AVI will the quality be better? The MPEG2 on the ISO's just stinks on playback most of the time.

The program I use to do this is called "Alcohol 120%" check it out, they have a trial version. It creates a fake dvd/cd drive in windows and mounts an image to it.

Edited by Hitman