UTComp feedback

Leave UT Comp on...?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

on cuffo voting for maps based on points is pretty cool .. :) and i love utcomp ... so its a plus

on mobo.. utcomp again is good.. no voting so it makes it feel more like a tourny level game.. so im for it again :)

the only good/bad features of comp is hitsounds.. people like it either way.. i feel it helps you improve your shot.. some would say that it makes it too easy... me i say keep everything how it is.. i love it :)... also being able to see team health and stuff is cool.. makes it feel like orange smoothy for quake3 a deffinate plus...

I like it, but I'm only using it to force player and chat colours (Red/Blue for chat, green (or white in the console) for everything else), and a little bit of the hit sound. Everything else in the default configuration, I found annoying - hit sound too loud, stats screen that doesn't show those little bot designators ([HOTEL] etc), tutti-frutti log screen. The team stats in the top corner are an interesting idea, but for non-competititve play it seems quite useless. Especially when you see it listing a bot's health and stuff.

Anyways, I voted to leave it on, because it can be customized so completely. The problem is that I don't think most people know that you can hit F5 and do all that. If I didn't know, then UTComp would definately receive my vote for removal.

There is a server-side option to set hitsounds to line-of-sight only -- would you guys prefer me to set that? Also notice that you can activate hitsounds which change pitch based on how much damage you caused (lower sound = more damage). Of course, the options are there to turn off everything (hitsounds, brightskins, funky scoreboard, team status) and play it as a normal game, as well. However, I feel as if the level of play on Mobocracy sometimes peaks at a point where it rivals good match play, and that extra level of info really adds to the competitiveness when good players take advantage of it.

-hC

I liked the stats on UTComp. Lots of extras (except I no longer see SPH which I still think is one of the best ways to look at someone's skils). I kind of prefer the old graphics. Everyone looking all blue and red kinda make them easier to see and shoot, and looks less visually appealing. BUT, overall I vote to keep it on since that's how we will play in ladders, and it's better to practice it the way we'll play in matches.

you dont have to use red/blue color just hit f5 and uncheck the boxes. they will be normal color...dunno sph never checked it... ill dual anyone i dun care who it is..lol...

line of sight hitsounds.. is diff from how it is now how ?????

i guess if you randomly fired into space and started getting hitsounds :P...

eitherway i love brightskins.. stops camping :P..

So random and cute, when you shelling out the 25 for gc membership? ;)

But seriously I could use some friends in irc when they are playing a match and I'm wondering whats going on <_<

You can still be a member and not have to go to matches :D .

Being a member does give you reserve on the servers though so if you want to join and the server is full someone without reserve gets booted to make room.

It also gives access to our super-secret, ultra-high tech private forums.

:lol:

Guest Gorgonzolla
Guest Gorgonzolla
Guest Gorgonzolla
Guests

What was that about bikinis??? Maybe I should warm up my PayPal account....