I survived Frances

Mad Bean

Last weekend, I am proud to say that I made it through the storm.

I can't really speak for the rest of Florida, there were some areas around West Palm Beach all the way north to Daytona Beach that suffered a lot more damage when this storm decided to creep across the state.

In Jacksonville, the northeast corner of the state, we had 2 solid days of rain and wind topping out at 75 mph. I lost power for about 36 hours, and there are still some areas that still do not have power restored. In Jacksonville, about 250,000 homes were without power. State wide was approximately 1.5 million.

It could have been a lot worse.

I went out to see the ocean and was able to get some shots.

This was Saturday night.

MVC-002F.JPG

And Sunday when the storm was covering the state.

MVC-737F.JPG

MVC-738F.JPG

MVC-739F.JPG

MVC-740F.JPG

MVC-742F.JPG

MVC-743F.JPG

It was a pretty incredible experience. Hopefully Ivan won't make a turn for us.

The last set of pictures that were taken Sunday, it was raining like crazy and the wind was blowing off the water and blowing the sand so hard that it felt as if you were getting sand blasted. Hurt like crazy. But once you were on the beach it wasn't too bad except for the rain.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Bean, it looked like you were awefully close to the beach. Scared?

So far I'm 2/2 for hurricanes. In Sarasota there just some strong winds and power went out in a few areas but there was no damage at all. Now Ivan is coming but I think I will just stay at school in Orlando since it's just supposed to blow through the whole state anyway D:

glad you Floridians are alive, keep us posted through (well AFTER) Ivan as well...seems like it's gonna hit your state no doubt now.

and those are pretty cool pics man....get some more...screw danger...sell a good hurricane pic and you can retire.

:P

Ya Mad Bean Im in St. Augustine FL. pretty crazy over here. the beaches and coast flooded everything and we were out of power for about 4.5 days.

It was a lot of fun though, running aound the Old English Fort trying to defend the Oldest City in our little yellow rain suits... maybe ya caught us on First Coast News LIVE: we were the ones being voluntarily "MEGA SPLASHED" by cars while the camera crew were trying to do weather shots.

And ur right, the sand getting blown on your chest and eyes while running around aimlessly on the beach was like being shot with a million tiny needles.

Well as for Ivan, im STILL picking up the mass amount of our over 200 trees over our 11 acre property :bang: GL man, im fighting along side of you man AND IF THINGS TURN SOUR MAN! PARTY IN MY BOMB SHELTER! HOT BABES AND HOTTUB! ...and mini bar with virgin Pina Coladas.