WOW PVP Guild

Kenger

There will always be GMs available 24/7. DAoC and other MMORPGs have them available 24/7. There may not be as many at 4 in the morning but they will be there.

The current PvP system on the WoW PvP servers sucks, plain and simple. Ganking is not fun and I always wonder about the RL nature of someone who gets their thrills by ganking helpless people. I myself love PvP but I get the thrill from a tough fight against equal numbers and levels. Win or lose if it was a good challenging fight that is fun. IF I am level 60 running around killing lvl 30 players that isn't fun. The current PvP server involves mostly killing low lvl or lesser numbers of players or both. All of the WoW servers will have PvP and instanced PvP battlegrounds so I will stick to a normal server and participate in fair fights not the gankfest that is the current PvP servers.

PvP creates so many other different levels of gameplay. Politics, sometimes, becomes a major part. You form guild alliances (outside of faction), you become anti-pk (just against random pking), you claim territory, you lose territory, your alliance becomes betrayed...It can be very interesting.

Not only that, but life is much more dangerous. I would easily get bored on any carebear world, where sometimes it seems that all you do is quest and level. Any time you add the Player vs. Player aspect to anything, it makes it that much more exciting to me.

I'm interested to see what the final PvP product will be in WoW. It sounds like the death penalty is practically nonexistent compared to what I'm used to. Also, the honor system looks promising, although it does look like it needs some more work.

PvP is the only way for me!

-Kor

Edited by Korodas

All the griefer type players will go horde and play undead characters which have a massive advantage over any character in beta currently. Until they nerf them they can whoop anyone ingame except for a pally/priest but still then again you play an undead warrior and are invincible.

They need to remove their traits. Undead: Underwater Breathing, Immune to Charm, Fear & Sleep and Shadow Resistance. Half the maps are water and you can just run into the water to escape a pvp battle and the whole game is based on fearing the other player in pvp so without being able to be feared an undead character is pretty much unstoppable. It's why horde in beta is about 80% undead.

It's only a matter of time before they nerf those traits on undead because they are truly a massive advantage. It's either that or they are going to have to give all the other races some amazing traits.

Quest exp vs Monster exp... one way is not necessarily faster than the other. Somebody did an experiment on it testing how long it took, starting from a quest location, doing the quest and returning (including all experience involved) vs just killing for that length of time and they got more experience from just plain killing. If you do a happy medium it works better... get a few quests, work on the quests... you'll build up some stuff to sell or some trade skill surplus items to use (like ore for smithing...) so you need to go to a town anyway... so go back to where you got the quests... sell, complete quests. Simply finding one quest, doing what it requires and no more, then completing the quest will be slower. Killing only monsters won't get you the items and money that you get from completing quests. One extreme isn't smart - do both. Plus if you just keep grinding and never doing quests, you'll probably get bored... and if all you do is quests, you'll probably get annoyed with running and playing alone unless you've got a friend doing everything with you. Most people don't want to group with you and have you dictate every quest to be done. Group for a while, work on some quests with them which might involve helping one of them do a quest specific to them... but you'll still get the killing exp and loot as well as seeing the world. If you're still reading this and not wondering why I'm still typing, you're probably wanting open beta to start just as much as I am. Moral of the story is... I want to play WoW... :twitch:

got into the EQ2 beta today. played for about 20 minutes. yeah, the game looks aright i guess but its just no fun at all. the game has zero personality compared to WoW.

i probably wont be playin the beta at all anymore, so if anybody wants to check it out i'll give ya my key and all that.

got into the EQ2 beta today.  played for about 20 minutes.  yeah, the game looks aright i guess but its just no fun at all.  the game has zero personality compared to WoW.

i probably wont be playin the beta at all anymore, so if anybody wants to check it out i'll give ya my key and all that.

meh.. I was over at a friends house and played it a bit...was not impressed at all. Seems like they took the same game, and stuck a bunch of point less quests in there to make seem like its got some purpose now. Don't get me wrong, folks who like grinding their exp with mob after same mob will like this, and it will likely appeal to the hard core EQ players. Good read about EQ2 HERE

I guess we are kind of getting off track here aren't we :)