WOW PVP Guild

Kenger

i don't think you can grief in WoW

Wanna make a bet... The problem with PvP servers is, if you don't feel like getting gank'd in the back...too bad. Their will always be a person lurking around you while you questing. They wait till you are just finished up fighting a mob, and then you get it in the back. I really enjoyed the PvP in SWG. Some zones are safe, others are not. At least you can go out and have a solid say of questing if you want to.

Wanna make a bet...  The problem with PvP servers is, if you don't feel like getting gank'd in the back...too bad.  Their will always be a person lurking around you while you questing.  They wait till you are just finished up fighting a mob, and then you get it in the back.

thats why its a PvP server and not a quest server. You just got to be prepared for it. A world without rules is much more like a real world and not like carebear land. Survival of the fittest. If you cant take the heat then stay out of the kitchen :)

Im an old skool UO PvPer and its the only fun I find in the game, bring it :peace:

I wish I could play, but I dont have enough time :(

thats why its a PvP server and not a quest server.  You just got to be prepared for it.  A world without rules is much more like a real world and not like carebear land.  Survival of the fittest.  If you cant take the heat then stay out of the kitchen :)

Im an old skool UO PvPer and its the only fun I find in the game, bring it  :peace:

I wish I could play, but I dont have enough time  :(

Thats true, PvP'ers don't have a problem with that, but WoW is huge on questing, and you get a large percentage of experience through quests.

I haven't played many RPGs and none online (just D2 and Dungeon Siege on LAN games) and I personally would hate to be killed by another player.  I did play a little Anarchy Online and avoided the "open" areas.

Dying at the hands of another player sucks. Why? Cause mobs don't stand on your corpse and cheer, or send you tells telling you suck azz, and stfu..... and all that other fun stuff. My /ignore had a long list in SWG, on the other hand... their is a lot of satisfaction at beating another human player on a level playing field.

Wanna make a bet...  The problem with PvP servers is, if you don't feel like getting gank'd in the back...too bad.  Their will always be a person lurking around you while you questing.  They wait till you are just finished up fighting a mob, and then you get it in the back.  I really enjoyed the PvP in SWG.  Some zones are safe, others are not.  At least you can go out and have a solid say of questing if you want to.

i had to ask to dual people, and could only attack without asking if the person was from the opposite side as me and in my territory. He could only attack me IF i attacked him, if not then he couldn't no anything.

IF i did attack him, i then became vulnerable to anyone from the opposite faction.

Atleast thats my understanding from the short time i played in the beta.

Oh and if you don't wanna get ganked in the back then be on your toes, or have a look out in the group... duh !

Edited by All Kill3r

as much or as little of your exp comes from quests as you would like.

True - Levels come MUCH faster from questing than xp grinding in WoW though. I have played several characters now in the beta into the teens and one into the mid-20's. I started one today and got her to 7 so far with the majority of the XP coming from the quests. In fact I only killed two mobs to get the extra XP I needed to level.

uh... so ? I got mid teens in 2 days with no quests and no experience in the game, i don't think questing is any faster.

I don't wanna argue which is faster, im sure both are pretty equal to be honest. I took my undead mage to mid teens in 2 days with 0 quests so i can say i leveled pretty quick also. And that was also solo the whole time.

Just because you will be doing quest's for the majority of your exp doesn't mean it's faster, or better. It's just your preference... I don't consider the way i prefer to level grinding at all, i consider it a time to learn my characters abilities inside and out, in combat situations.

Edited by All Kill3r

i had to ask to dual people, and could only attack without asking if the person was from the opposite side as me and in my territory. He could only attack me IF i attacked him, if not then he couldn't no anything.

IF i did attack him, i then became vulnerable to anyone from the opposite faction.

Atleast thats my understanding from the short time i played in the beta.

yeah, thats how it was in the beta and i assume it will be the same in the final release. i guess they made it like that to prevent "griefing"?

if someone could just run up to you at anytime and kill you, that would turn me off towards PvP but the way Blizzard is implementing it will prevent that kinda stuff.

correct sir =\ Blizzard has done away with griefing, you don't have to fight if you choose not to. So really, why not be on the PvP, you can enjoy the best of both worlds. Farm and quest all day long if you want with no griefers, AND be able to jump in on guild battles and raids if you choose.

can't spell today.

Edited by All Kill3r

Just because you will be doing quest's for the majority of your exp doesn't mean it's faster, or better. It's just your preference.

Correct AK - sorry about that, I did not mean to make it seem like an arguments. It is all about personal preference.

A world without rules is much more like a real world and not like carebear land.

We are playing a fantasy game, there should be no "real world" involved anywhere.

questing is faster =P. im almost up to lvl 40 and yeah monsters give good exp and you usually kill quit a few on the quest but the big reward is the quest xp at my lvl quest im getting about 3-4k on some q. that would take you hours and hours to grind out.

questing is faster =P. im almost up to lvl 40 and yeah monsters give good exp and you usually kill quit a few on the quest but the big reward is the quest xp at my lvl quest im getting about 3-4k on some q. that would take you hours and hours to grind out.

With out a doubt it is... ask any person who has been in beta for months. They will tell you the same thing.

If you go and just kill mobs for lets say 200exp a pop, you will 20 in the spand of 25 minutes. You now have 4000 exp.

If I pick up a quest to obtain 10 quest items, and it takes me 20 kills. I now have 4000 exp, and a quest to turn in for a average of 1500k exp on normal quests in mid 20's. Small exceptions being you may have to travel a extra 5 minutes to get to the spawn point.

You can also share the quest to do it twice as fast (I did that last night with a guy, and we banged out what would of been 2 pain in the butt quests) Yes you get half exp on mob kills... so thats 2000exp, and you still get your 1700exp for the quest, a little less exp, but twice as fast!! I did two quests last night quicker than it would of took me to do 1. Which in the sum of things, is still more exp, and less risk.

Also... I know their is a lot of crap on the beta boards, but I know for a fact people grief. On the PvP server many times higher levels will roam crossroads or brill and killing lower levels as they spawn. Also, I believe their is a few videos on www.wowvideos.com that show a whole raid party camping corpses. I consider both of those griefing :D

I'm not trying to discourge you guys from going PvP, but just be prepared for this crap, because as good as Blizzard will be, their GM's will not be able to controll it all during the day, and they wont be around late at night.