Question about LAN competition

Fatty

GC Founder

Yea...but I'm even thinking that before someone dies, it doesn't take much peripheral vision to know where your buddies are on the map, where an enemy is, etc....and vice versa...if you have an opponent in the next row up facing the same way you are...well, you get it. I just wonder how they address those parts before a player dies.

I wonder why we never used fade to black....have to do that this year.

It doesn't matter if u can see your buddies screen. You have a radar showing you where they are located, and they are talking to you telling you what they see. Fade to black fixes the cheating after round, so that they cannot see when they are dead which would be the only problem i see.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

Ghosting at CPL is illeagle - once you die you shut up, all there is too it.

I beleive for seating arrangements, they're generally at very large venue's as well, so they're not overly close to the other team, so hearing strats etc is not a worry.

Possibly someone like TeK or UrK could back this up with some pictures? :].

Fade to Black, IMO is a useless command that does nothing but make the experience more boring for the teams playing, and I'm positive it has not been used at the past few CPL's.

Edit: Did some quick research...

http://www.thecpl.com/winter2004/floorplan2.jpg

Also appears I was wrong, and that fadetoblack is set to 1.. interesting.

Edited by PDO

TeK
(edited)

Well, all teams sit in the tourney area.

Past CPL, we had about 5 or 6 rows of comps. 2 tables per row, 2 teams can sit at each table.

They usually just space out the teams accordingly.

All 5 players sit next to each other and most of the time the other team is far away and faceed towards you so you can't stand up and see where the other players are. Things are pretty secure and the chances of other teams hearing your strats are slim to none, besides ur still talking on the mic anyway most of the time.

Fadetoblack is on. After they die, its as PDO said, absolutely no talking.

Edited by TeK

GC Founder

I wasn't talking about hearing strats or voices at all...just the view...

It doesn't matter if u can see your buddies screen.

Of course it does, radar doesn't show direction, etc, and every person is not constantly talking...now, with THESE teams that we're discussing at CPL, etc...I'm sure they all know where each teammate is by name...that makes it less necessary to accidentaly peek...but we're not CPL bound.

We're gonna have preregistration of at least the CS teams this year, so I wanted to give this some thought.

I thougt CPL was bigger than that? How many people go to CPL? Or is that pic just one building or something?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

ABout 64 teams of 5 will compete in the CPL for Counter-Strike, Fatty.. but there's never 32 simutaneous (sp?) matches at once :].