A Request for Stricter Admins

Hi GC guys,

Just me again.. I just had a slight request.. I would like to ask that the GC staff consider directing its admins to be a bit more strict. I've only been in here a few days but it's already starting to feel like "while the cats away" when the cat is sitting right there, talking on the console. My father informs me, that not long ago, Fatty asked the admins to be a little gentler on the kick/ban button, but it seems to me that maybe a little too much leniency has been taken? Honestly, I've been playing for a while today, with at least one admin on server, and it feels almost like any other server. =( I liked GC because I don't have to watch people swear and TK and all that garbage, but today I've gotten drilled a couple times, and lots of people have been swearing, and when warned just kinda blow it off like "yeah whatever." Honestly, for people like that, I'd rather not see a second, third, fourth warning... Would rather just have them gone so I can get back to my game. But anyway, I'm not really trying to complain, just offering a suggestion to consider lowering the boom a bit more often. F-bombs and TKs get really annoying. Anyway, thanks for your time. Hope y'all will at least consider it. =) Thanks!

Nyx

Edited by NyxErinyes

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Swearing doens't bother me, so no comment on that..

But the TK/TA is REALLY bad. I personally don't think it should matter if it's accidental or not, if someone has a consistent problem of shooting their teammates they should be gone, if you're that bad I don't think you'll be missed :/.

i was on there today, and the TKing was reall bad and useless newbs just talking random crap to eachother was unbarable. I suggest getting some people that play more often some admin rights... like just a simple kick/ban function. It would make it such a more friendly place. :P

Admins will warn once, then let the client ban themselves.

People should not be receiving more than one warning.

Btw, you should know that:

1) I did not ask admins to ban less, only to allow the clients to ban themselves.

2) I don't care how you play it, Source is new enough and players are plenty enough that if even if you ban for little, at any one time, especially during off-peak hours, you'll have almost all players in a server be 1st timers to the server. I keep track of our regulars using hlsw...anyone I see more than a couple times gets logged in my DB...many times I recognie nobody.

3) Everyone will get TKd. If there's no admins, there's no admins. Nothing we can do about that.

4) Everyone should know that because SDK was just released and source is new, there's NO MOD..no admin, no amx, no swear filter, no tk prevention, nothing. It's stock.

5) Many times you'll see people warning others about language that don't even have admin, sometimes these guys are just server regulars. This is a sticky situation...because if they can't follow up on a warning, well, it can get bad.

6) If someone says "yeah, whatever" to a warning about language, they have just banned themselves. If you see an admin not banning for this, you should bring it up. I don't think that's the case, however. You're just seeing a server w/o an admin.

7) Also, there are defined circumstances at which admins may ban without warning. General language is not one of them. Language directed AT someone is. Intentional TKing IS.

I could go on and on, but we're on the right direction, there's no doubt in my mind. The number of bans / day suprising has not decreased. I watch that number due to the fact that I have to manually move the banned IDs around in order for them to stay banned.

You are free to test the waters on other servers to reconvince yourself that a bad day on our server is a great day compared to many.

Thanks.

i was on there today, and the TKing was reall bad and useless newbs just talking random crap to eachother was unbarable. I suggest getting some people that play more often some admin rights... like just a simple kick/ban function. It would make it such a more friendly place. :P

Maybe the people that play more often should ante up and make a difference instead of wanting something for nothing. :P

fatty... what are you talking about?

::lost::

He's talking about a serious discussion we just had in the last couple of days about the style of adminning we've had going on. And by the "we" I mean the coalition admins. Something the general public is not privy to.

PS: Nyx that $50 is on it's way :laughcry:

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
He's talking about a serious discussion we just had in the last couple of days about the style of adminning we've had going on. And by the "we" I mean the coalition admins. Something the general public is not privy to.

PS: Nyx that $50 is on it's way  :laughcry:

I'll do a lot more than just post for $25 for Lunk :boing:

Well, I wasn't trying to complain or suggest that GC isn't still the best place to play... I was just raising a concern I had after playing a while WITH an admin on console. I don't mean to single anyone out, but an example of the type of thing I saw was a player joined with the name D**n and was NOT asked to change his name or leave. When questioned about it by another player (not myself), the admin stated that he saw "nothing wrong with it." Subsequently, I believe this player was banned for a different offense although I am not sure. Also, general cursing seemed to abound despite many warnings (to some people 3 or more) I saw only a few kicks, and those were for direct TK on the admin himself, which I assume he just couldn't help but notice. lol...

Anyway, I wasn't trying to raise a fuss or step on anyone's toes. I was just making an observation and request about a potential problem I perceived. And these incidents took place with known admins online. (It's hard to ignore the console doing a lot of talking but not much acting. In fairness though, the problem could just be that so MANY people are doing this, that the admins just post general warnings and don't feel like taking care of all the repeat offenders. I could understand that, but it is still a little troublesome to see people who just keep doing it just keep getting warned. =P)

In any case, Fatty makes a good point in stating that those of us that complain should ante up and make a difference ourselves. Unfortunately, my obligation to my current gaming clan precludes me from doing this. I play Tribes: Vengeance for a multi-game clan and have been a member for nearly 5 years. Our rules and regs state that members are not allowed to join organizations that support any of our games. (Counter-Strike and UT2k4 both being some we play.) So in order to remain in my gaming clan, I cannot join GC. I'm sure that sounds harsh but SMS (my clan) is a professional, mature environment much like GC and I don't want to leave as I enjoy playing Vengeance with them. And in addition to that I just don't have 100 bucks as a poor college student to be coughing up. So I'm kind of out of the running as far as admin goes, unless I logged into Cranky's account which I have not done and do not do because it would most likely upset a great many GC members and would make my dad responsible for actions he didn't take. So, since I have no viable means of altering the situation myself, I bring it to the attention of those who can. I hope this is not seen as an offense but rather a suggestion stemming from a desire to ensure an enjoyable gaming environment for all.

Once again I apologize if I have stepped on anyone's toes. I was just raising a few concerns, and if I happen to be inadvertantly agreeing with Lunk... well... that's not a bad thing. It keeps me out of the "Got Banned?" forums. ;-) *grin*

-Nyx

Edited by NyxErinyes

...But the TK/TA is REALLY bad.  I personally don't think it should matter if it's accidental or not, if someone has a consistent problem of shooting their teammates they should be gone, if you're that bad I don't think you'll be missed :/.

WOW! hold on there buddy! Following this logic I shouldnt be allowed anywhere near server!!! :bang:

Nyx, you don't owe any apology, I just need you to understand that it's not as simple as you make it out to be. When you have so many admins with such a popular game played by the spectrum of players with a vision to hold and regulars to please and peers to remain consistant with.....with that and more, it gets really deep sometimes.

BTW, that's crazy with that other group. If they don't pay YOU, well, that's uber nutz. Are you insured? That's an organization! Dunno if I want to know where the chain is attached... :)

See you in the server!

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU EXPECT AT 5 AM????? THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT?

COME AROUND DURING PRIMETIME WHEN MOST HUMANS PLAY BEFORE THE MONSTERS COME OUT AT NIGHT AND THE ADMINS ARE THERE.

WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT PEOPLE WHEN NO ADMINS ARE AROUND!!?!???!?!?!??! WE HAVE NO SWEAR FILTER, WE HAVE NO TK PROTECTION WE HAVE NOTHING BECAUSE THERE ARE NO MODS RELEASED YET?!?!?

HOW MANY TIMES CAN WE SAY THIS?

THE SERVER IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL WHEN THE ADMINS ARE PLAYING. COMPLETE. I SEE NOTHING RELAXED OR LENIENT WHEN IM IN THE SERVER.

Man this is frustrating.

MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST SHUT THE SERVER DOWN OR LOCK IT WHEN THE LAST ADMIN LEAVES? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU GUYS EXPECT TO HAPPEN HOURS LATER?

SF, you just made me type like a 12 year-old gamer.

Ok, I'm calm now. Lemme try again.

Can you please describe, in detail, the event(s) which lead you to post, SF? Include time, actions, names, etc, etc. I'd really like to know how this is possible and which admins are being so "Lax". I assure you that I will get to the bottom of this right away. Thanks for giving it some thought and posting the exact details for me.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Ok, I'm calm now.  Lemme try again.

Can you please describe, in detail, the event(s) which lead you to post, SF?  Include time, actions, names, etc, etc.  I'd really like to know how this is possible and which admins are being so "Lax".  I assure you that I will get to the bottom of this right away.  Thanks for giving it some thought and posting the exact details for me.

Er Fatty, is it possible that just happened to be the time when he was checking out the forums?

It's very possible, and very likely, and it would thus seal my point.  Shush you!  <_<  :freak:

Correctamundo, in fact I wasn't on the server at all that day. Haven't been in a while. I'd give you the times and dates I was last on but I don't keep very good track of my gaming habits. There was a couple of days in a row mid afternoon, where the tk's and bad language was just simply overlooked. I haven't been back on since. I don't know why you got all defensive, opinions are opinions :)

Edited by strangefamous

he got "all defensive" because randomly posting that "it's gotten lax" isn't helpful. If you see TKing, cursing, cheating going on, report it immediatly and an admin will drop by to stop it. If you see an admin NOT following .gc's published rules or ignoring infractions to those rules, document it (screenshot, condump, demo, etc.) and report it straight to Fatty or another .GC Board Member. Don't post it straight in the forums, don't take it to another member of the gc unless that person is a Board Member, and if a Board Member is the problem take it straight to Fatty (PM, email, etc.). If Fatty is the problem...well then you're screwed...actually I know you could probably take your problem straight to Fatty anyway, as long as it's done civilly and respectfully. The man can take criticism despite popular views to the contrary.

Basically what he's saying is that we have absolutely NO assistance in running this server except through the regulars. If you guys won't step up and help us by keeping us informed...we cannot do a single thing to better the server.

he got "all defensive" because randomly posting that "it's gotten lax" isn't helpful.  If you see TKing, cursing, cheating going on, report it immediatly and an admin will drop by to stop it.  If you see an admin NOT following .gc's published rules or ignoring infractions to those rules, document it (screenshot, condump, demo, etc.) and report it straight to Fatty or another .GC Board Member.  Don't post it straight in the forums, don't take it to another member of the gc unless that person is a Board Member, and if a Board Member is the problem take it straight to Fatty (PM, email, etc.).  If Fatty is the problem...well then you're screwed...actually I know you could probably take your problem straight to Fatty anyway, as long as it's done civilly and respectfully.  The man can take criticism despite popular views to the contrary.

Basically what he's saying is that we have absolutely NO assistance in running this server except through the regulars.  If you guys won't step up and help us by keeping us informed...we cannot do a single thing to better the server.

I wouldn't really consider posting in a thread who's topic is just that, very random.

I don't think you are quite understanding.

let me try this:

What in your post of:

I kind of agree with Nyx it's gotten a lot more lax in recrud.

helps us solve the problem? All it does is reiterate that you see a problem....but it does nothing to assist us. That is what Fatty doesn't like. If you have a complaint, air it as something a bit more detailed and something that we can respond to and try to fix. If you think it has gotten more lax, provide specific examples and provide them at the time you see them occur, and we can be 100 times more productive in fixing the situation.

:)