What did you think about the ending?

Ruff_Ryder

I have mixed feelings about the ending. I guess it just followed the original's formula too well...Keep you, Gordon Freeman, in the dark. I don't feel like anything was really resolved and though I can see the obvious connections I really would have liked more of the 'tween plot (between HL and HL2) to have been fleshed out. I think this whole series (I hear HL3 is in the works...confirms?) would make a great sci-fi book. I feel HL had more substantial plot, and HL2 was more "Look at our engine" with a "lived-in" world but less plot.

However, the world was so real. The plot really was riding on how much the world itself conveyed to you, which was boatloads. And not those little dinghys, either. I'm talking barges. Exxon-Valdez style. Oh, and the engine is hands-down the best engine in any video game ever. Good choice on Valve's part going with Havok. Plus, the ending was pretty boss...I didn't get the resolution I would hope for, or more info about GMan (Who is he? Why me? What else is up? Why am I a weapon...Does an MIT education really prepare me for this?) but the ending...Opens up so many more possibilities. New weapons? New technologies?

I would have rather had more closure, but that's just because I want to know more about the world of HL. The ending, on its own accord, was what one should expect out of a HL game.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

There needed to be some questions answered. None of them were. Just more questions. I didn't much like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I just finished the game I and Flippin dug it. I loved in "the benefactors" when the 0-gravity gun could pick up the bodies..that was clutch.

as for the end...

I think I would have liked to see some shots of shepherd somewhere in the mix.

I did notice in one screen in the prison where a soldier who looked like from opposing force was laying on a table.

I think a better end would have been for sheperd to make havoc that causes the old man to split and allows the 3 scientists to free gordon. Though you would not see sheperd you later in a sequeal would find out it was him who did it.

Then I'd take a ol fat 500megaton nuke and put it in the porhold and seal 'er up.

My favorite was ravenholm

Auggy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We'll be lucky to see HL3 in our lifetimes, let alone HL5!  :D  How many years was HL2 put off?  It was definitely worth it, don't get me wrong -- but it took AWHILE.

I think the first estimated date was in Holiday 2002. Not as bad as Duke Nukem Forever. My brother has a PCGamer magazine that says" Duke Nukem Forever: Coming Holiday 1998!"

• 2 years later...