Advanced CS Controls

gOOters

m0ss i always thot u could speed up the walk, i have my walk speed set to cl_forwardspeed 750, default is 400, 750 isnt to bad it keeps u quiet still but once u get up past 800 it gets u noisey...1500 is max

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm interesting Q. I sometimes "tap" my forward button rapidly and it seems like it might be a faster walk to me?? I have even done this once and had somebody accuse me of cheating because I was walking too fast!?

Is this what is happening when I do that? I have the fast tap thing down to an art :rolleyes::P

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Hmm interesting Q. I sometimes "tap" my forward button rapidly and it seems like it might be a faster walk to me?? I have even done this once and had somebody accuse me of cheating because I was walking too fast!?

Is this what is happening when I do that? I have the fast tap thing down to an art :rolleyes:  :P

if u tape forward key you will go faster then just holding down the walk key but you willl still make footsteps.

back in the day you could tap the forward key and be completely silent.

it's not really an art nowadays cause you still make footsteps...you might as well run.

I wanna know how Kill3r playes with those controls.  :unsure: .  All this mouse wheel stuff.

heh I have the same setup except i press the wheel down for last weapon.

oh and whoever said they use q to talk, heh same here, that was the first button i set it to and it allows to shoot, run and talk at same time

I wanna know how Kill3r playes with those controls.   :unsure: .  All this mouse wheel stuff.

heh I have the same setup except i press the wheel down for last weapon.

oh and whoever said they use q to talk, heh same here, that was the first button i set it to and it allows to shoot, run and talk at same time

guess we use same controls cause we started playing on your computer back in the day huh? :P

lol Killer guess so..

and goot, i dont move any faster, but i sometimes tap the direction i want to go, its faster than walkin cuz you can pop out of a corner without being heard.

i think it takes like a second after pressing the button down to acctually make the footstep sound

Well, i use the arrow keys to move because that is always how i have done it and it works fine with me. I bet i am the only person to use Mouse2 jump and Scope as shift. I dunno but he works pretty well for me. I use the 0 in the keypad as my walk. Everything else is pretty much the default keys. I only use on script and that is reload stopper. I use it as my fastswitch with an awp. I also use buy scripts.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
didnt bother reading a single post, but anyhoo....fast switch doesnt work any more, I dont use any binds, i just switch fast and can kill the animation by doing it a certain way. 

It just sucks that they took away a ton of the skill in the game with the release of 1.4, game gets more "new player" friendly with every update.

wow moss, you nailed it right on the head. They made this game more so now than ever easier for newbs to play. it is amazing how horrible the hitboxes on the game are. I tested this and if you aim like an inch or more behind someone's head, you still hit them in the head. That is why random headshots are so easy. They did this because.. actually i have no idea. But once upon a time (beta 2) getting a headshot didn't register as one, it was just a kill and it took real aim. Not this random crap from across the map. I miss those days.

Guest sontek
Guest sontek
Guest sontek
Guests

I use WSAD for movement, my space bar is my secondary fire (Zooming), my wheel mouse is for jumping.. mouse2 for quick switch, and CAPS for talking