Advanced CS Controls

gOOters

cs wasn't meant to be 100% realisitic...it was spozed to be a mix between arcade and realism...

I would disagree here, though, but we would then enter a completely seperate debate.

Half-Life is arcade. I walked into CS years ago and was amazed at how fast I died. Now, as much as people whine about dying, 1 shot from a deagle is either going to knock you on your butt or take the limb off...but to make it as realistic as possible would not be fun either....people don't want it that far...

Jumping...changed why? Cause dewds hoping around like rabbits wasn't realistic.

Haven't the changes that have taken place moved it further toward as real as we (or a programmer) could imagine without destroying the fun (non of us would enjoy the real thing).

Weapons? As much as I'd love the tau-cannon, it's acutally here in the version of the awp, but the awp and guns like it do exist.

The only thing that it is missing that comes to my mind that I would love to see included is what g00 mentioned above: health. No, a guy at 1% should be lying there in a coma. I'd like to see limbs come off or go useless...and bleeding. Other mods have attempted this, but haven't been able to match the gameplay that CS brings. CS with crippled, slowed, cs players leaving a trail of blood would be cool.

Movement, like the slowing of a guy running with an awp, is an attempt toward realism (although no account for weight when you just wield your knife, right? awp is in back pocket). As far as the awpers go.....I think in order for the crosshairs to hold still like they do, they should have to be prone (is this coming, prone?) What's the mod that I can't think off? How about the breathing and swaying of crosshairs. If any of you have shot rifles, then you know all this comes into play. Like I said, there's some other characteristics of other games that would incorporate into CS extremely well.

I guess you have to ask yourself, would you enjoy playing a round where you died after 1 or 2 bullets no matter what? I would, but our younger padres wouldn't, I bet. Anyways...what happens when you have extremely good shooters out there? Awpers? The game slows down and people get careful..and whoa! you see teamwork. If a few shots from a glock hit you around the armor, or you caught one in the ankle or in the neck put you down like they would in real life, damn tooten you'd move a lot slower and as a unit.

I've followed a path that I love to discuss and I see as directly to our discussion...the realness factor. Think about it this way. Great movies don't have to be realistic, but they have to be believable. For example, we enjoy movies that contain action that, given all the right circumstances no matter what the odds, could happen. The Star Wars are enjoyable because they are set in the future so there's no standard there. Movies get cheezy when Arnold runs through a field and 100 people miss him with 5 billion rounds. But, say in a movie like Heat, or Tombstone...crazy, exciting stuff but none of it is so far fetched that you roll your eyes and say "no way".

People flipping awps and pistols around makes me roll my eyes.

:rolleyes:

Gotta go!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play Rainbow 6 a lot back in the days before CS.

That is realism at its finest. One shot and you are usually dead if not severely injured. When injured, you limp and you slow down tremendously. When injured, you also can't aim and shoot as well. Nades kill rooms full of ppl and a zoomed in rifle is almost useless unless u are squatting and staying still. Even moving the crosshairs side to side would reduce accuracy. Most shots are burst unless you are trying to spray an entire field of ppl and the accuracy of that is extremely bad.

Playing Rogue spear (the sequel to Rainbow 6) with 7 other guys vs computers and trying to defuse a terrorist situation successfully is extremely hard. It requires so much teamwork that its almost ridiculous.

Another thing that was cool was that you could design your own weapons. Everything from a grenade launcher to a civil war single shot rifle.

If you want realism, play Rogue Spear. If you want arcade style play with some realistic elements, play CS.

I still say 1.3 was the best version of CS out there. But that's another debate.

Heh, maybe I'll earn the "Arctic" suit soon :D

Cane:

NOFX said:

you can just make a script that will execute the lastinv twice when the button is pressed once..........  

Cane said:

I consider that hax...it takes no skill to make a script and push 1 button to do something that others have spent days..weeks..months.. trying to master.

Agreed.

As far as the awpers go.....I think in order for the crosshairs to hold still like they do, they should have to be prone (is this coming, prone?) What's the mod that I can't think off? How about the breathing and swaying of crosshairs.

Maybe I don't know what I am doing, but if I am actually moving while I take my shot...I VERY rarely hit anything more than the wall.

Also, I agree on the breathing thing, that would be a cool addition to CS to add to realism.

People flipping awps and pistols around makes me roll my eyes.

Two things here...

1. It's not much less realistic than AK's and pistols or certainly not more unreal than Para or pistol>

2. Can I knife you whilst your eyes are rolled and you aren't looking?? :D

BTW, thanks for being the first one to try to answer the point of this post Cane :)

you can just make a script that will execute the lastinv twice when the button is pressed once..........

I consider that hax...it takes no skill to make a script and push 1 button to do something that others have spent days..weeks..months.. trying to master.

LOL, well i mean instead of me pressing the mouse wheel down twice, i can only do it once...If you takes people days...weeks...months...to master pressing the lastinv button twice, they should find another game..

Guest Bob
Guest Bob
Guest Bob
Guests

Heh....I thought about .2558896 nanoseconds whether or not I should learn to do the fastswitchage....c8!

I don't have any particular feelings on the subject, I just hate and fear change....for the first 4 months I played this game, I used the keyboard only, cuz being a giant nub, I had no clue I COULD use the mouse heh.

I changed then to the goofy setup I use now and have never tried anything different, never used a buy script, too stupid and lazy to even attempt those or the like.

I probably could improve my game with some of these things, but I'm just too lazy.....

oh yah, g00t hax anyway!!! no need for anymore help dammit!!! :P

My setup is bueatiful. Its traditional with the arrow keys but here it is. Arrow keys up and down odviously forward and back, left adn righ tare strafe.

Shift=Jump

Enter=Walk

Ctrl=Crouch

Delete=Reload

End=Talk

PageDown=Take SS

Keys on Number pad= My keys

Now how I fast switch is since everythign is all in 1 area its pretty easy. My fingers are fast. Since my pointer is right there i can switch fast like, i never use my scroll on my mouse. O my use key is still E i need to change it though :blink:

My setup is bueatiful. Its traditional with the arrow keys but here it is. Arrow keys up and down odviously forward and back, left adn righ tare strafe.

Shift=Jump

Enter=Walk

Ctrl=Crouch

Delete=Reload

End=Talk

PageDown=Take SS

Keys on Number pad= My keys

Now how I fast switch is since everythign is all in 1 area its pretty easy. My fingers are fast. Since my pointer is right there i can switch fast like, i never use my scroll on my mouse. O my use key is still E i need to change it though  :blink:

wow, i hate the keypad!

only wierd things i have is....

alt is my crouch

and scroll up on mouse is reload

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

didnt bother reading a single post, but anyhoo....fast switch doesnt work any more, I dont use any binds, i just switch fast and can kill the animation by doing it a certain way.

It just sucks that they took away a ton of the skill in the game with the release of 1.4, game gets more "new player" friendly with every update.

Guest MuffinMan
Guest MuffinMan
Guest MuffinMan
Guests

I awp a lot as u can tell in the dlm and Mmmm stats. That is basically the gun I always use. I f I have money u can bet that I am goin to buy 1. I also use that switch to pistol back to awp with my q button. I find it most helpful. I have a question. I know there is a bind out there that with the press of 1 button after u fire awp that it goes to pistol back to awp and zooms in 1. Maybe M0ss knows what I am talkin about. If u do moss give me a shot at aim sn=csls8376

Why would you use the arrow keys if you are right handed?

AWSD works much better for movement with ctrl as croch and spacebar as jump and you don't have to cramp up your hand or have your keyboard on the other side of your desk.

I have all of the default controls except I have Q as voice so I can talk and move and shoot at same time.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Jumping...changed why? Cause dewds hoping around like rabbits wasn't realistic.

Haven't the changes that have taken place moved it further toward as real as we (or a programmer) could imagine without destroying the fun (non of us would enjoy the real thing).

No! like m0ss said... they took out the bunny hoping and fast switch to make this game more.... "Player" friendly... if you catch my drift.

There is actually a very good thread about this on the CAL forums... I'll look for it.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

LOL, well i mean instead of me pressing the mouse wheel down twice, i can only do it once...If you takes people days...weeks...months...to master pressing the lastinv button twice, they should find another game..

I'm just saying, scripts in general are BS. Buy scripts are ok. but scripts that pull out guns for you or buy nades and throw em for you...waste of time. All I'm saying is I think that you have to leave some room for human error.

I'm saying is I think that you have to leave some room for human error.

I like that thought. Scripts that take away some of the skill aspects of the game really shouldn't be used.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

i dunno, everytime i play with you, you can't seem to get it to work :rolleyes:

Yah I think the entire awp problem would be fixed if they just set it up so that if you buy the awp you are much slower no matter what weapon you are currently holding. YOu miss the awp shot then you won't move fast enough to avoid the shots of the opposing team.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

again..that would just be making the game more newb friendly. I really wish they would bring fast switching, and speed up the walk.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I wanna know how Kill3r playes with those controls. :unsure: . All this mouse wheel stuff. Can't do it. I use w,s,a,d also. But I use r=voicechat and left side mouse button is reload. cntrl=duck,space=jump, and shift=walk. I also don't use last inv button. I just move my fingers up and switch with the numbers on top. Everyone finds their own way of playing cs. No person is going to have the same controls unless yer using default. My 2 cents. L8r all

TeKNiK