Friend of mine got banned

ConGregation

Ok, I know this is different than the normal "my friend did it", but a friend of mine was banned. Actually he is a son of a friend of mine. He is 10 yrs old and a good kid. When he started playing source he wanted to play with 'Bro. Long' (was in my junior church class). I realize he is young and might be annoying at times but his Dad is a good friend and, again, he is a good kid.

He told me that he accidentally TK'd a guy but that it looked like it was on purpose. He then killed a TM who was killing other TM's. I let him know that he was wrong to do that. Just let the guy kill you and an admin will take care of it.

He goes by the name SNIPERMAN and his steamid is 0:0:52287616

Just let me know any decision in this matter so I can let him know whats up.

Thanks for you time :)

GC Alumni

I don't know who banned him, but I thought i'd just chime in and say, he plays fairly regularly, and I have never seen him act out of line before. Hopefully just a mis-understanding.

I addition, I think the new admin mod automatically boots for excessive tk's, so no one may have actually banned him, we'll just sit tight and see if anyone claims this.

Edited by clueless

Thanks, Shaw. I can vouch for the kid.

He is in that stage of CS where it consumes you. When you aren't playing CS all you can think about is playing CS. I can remember being that way... 4 years ago.

Once this kid starts putting me down regularly it might just be time to hang up the ol' defuse kit.

This was me. I was on a ban frenzy. It was on aztec and there were 4 FF/TK incidents in a row, after each of which, I banned and spammed my traditional CONSOLE: "FF is ON. Do NOT CURSE. Have fun!!"

He was the 4th in a row. He FF'd the round before then TK'd at the beginning of the round in CT spawn. If you're vouching for him Congre, then I'm ok with the ban being lifted. That TK at the begining of the round was hardly accidental though... unless the dog was chewing on the mouse while he was afk 8P)

Heh.

He never claimed the second one was accidental. TK'd a guy who was (supposedly) TK'ing team mates. Talked to his Dad last night. He said he was upset that his son got himself banned. He let him know in no uncertain terms that what he did was wrong. I'm positive it won't happen again ;) Been trying to get his dad to play. He said he feels kind of intimidated not wanting to be the newb messing the game up for everyone.

SNIPERMAN has been at his mom's so I haven't talked with him and he hasn't tried to connect.

I have been in those situations, urK?!?. Where you have spammed the console enought that instant bans were warranted. But this kid is still a newb. Should have know better though.

Heh.

He never claimed the second one was accidental. TK'd a guy who was (supposedly) TK'ing team mates. Talked to his Dad last night. He said he was upset that his son got himself banned. He let him know in no uncertain terms that what he did was wrong. I'm positive it won't happen again ;) Been trying to get his dad to play. He said he feels kind of intimidated not wanting to be the newb messing the game up for everyone.

Get the dad to play. Sounds good on sniperman

I have been in those situations, urK?!?. Where you have spammed the console enought that instant bans were warranted. But this kid is still a newb. Should have know better though.

Rgr. and Rgr.

Heh.

SNIPERMAN has been at his mom's so I haven't talked with him and he hasn't tried to connect.

lol his dad got mad at em? lol its just CS... but i guess cause it was on ur steam account cong.

hehe

NuT- :lol: