Anyone else have this problem?

Clueless

GC Alumni
(edited)

I was in Project Mayhem tonight and it felt like I was speedhacking. Not quite as fast as they go but I was definately haulin donkey. I had it before in Recrude, but when I asked if anyone else noticed they acted like I was nuts. Tonight ConGregation was in and he asked me "hey man you speedhackin?", just kidding of course, but finally someone else noticed.

Any way to find out what the heck is going on? I'm having to run in short bursts just so I don't have an unfair advantage.

This is intermittent by the way.

Edited by clueless

I've noticed this on recrud before where it's like I suddenly got a speed burst for several seconds, then my speed goes to normal. It's the weirdest thing I've seen in the game and is really strange. It only happens when I'm running, not when I"m walking, and it seems totally random, but suddenly I'm going faster than everyone else.

(edited)

I have never had that kind of problem cluless...the only problem I have is the choppy-ness of some of the larger maps such as de_aztec, especially when the server is full.

Edited by Rashad

Yeah, clueless was flying. On aztec he was going almost twice as fast as I was running from spawn. But it wasn't smooth at all. Kind of a jerky running. So a packet loss or something might be the answer. Just seems wierd that could affect it like that.

I remember one time Fatty had this problem way back in 1.0 or around there. Don't know how he fixed it though. Now there is a setting that affects speed or at least there use to be. But I think it was for walk speed. you look for commands like cl_maxspeed or maxspeed or such.

• 3 weeks later...