enemy colors

shep48

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're just talking about the pop up labels that mystically appear when you see someone?

Speaking of Pop-up labels, I personally think the only names you should ever see of any color period is that of your own team. Soldner for example will not allow you to see the name label of anyone other than your teamates, this way, no name means no enemy. That way it prevents cursor scanning. (running your mouse cursor over dark or concealed areas untill you see enemy tags pop-up) This should be employed with CS Source immediatly as already there are people suggestion this method to other players. I do like more of a real based game, so NO to the color them all Red and Blue. But CS Source should have matured. It is still a game of patience and outthinking your oponents, but this method of scanning takes away from flashlights, and NV in darkplaces. And leaves room to rob someone of setting up a well deserved ambush they set up. Windows people who are further back so that players cannot see them to well are purely thwarted by running your mouse cursor over the window and wait for red to pop up ( or blue ) So thats my stance. The Cursor thing, totally hurt bf1942 till they offered and official way to shut it off. Wish they had it here.

Sword6

I like seeing the names of the enemies, becuase if its someone i know i like to kid around and will try to knife them etc. :)

You can still see them, when you kill them, I am only refering to using the name banner as a marker to show where they are where you would normally not see them.

Sword6

I don't care about the tags, I get teammates and enemies mixed up from the clothes.

Do what I do, change the skins, this can be done with vbery real looking skins, but differentiate so that the models are more distict without the lamo ronald mcdonald typs skins used to make them jump out at you. That is pure cheap, but ethically you can get some great skins for players. I myself and using the USAF special Airservices Skins, which is done in a high res Woodland camo with tac gear, and the black serpents T skins, both very nicely done.

Sword 6

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I never have, and never will see the point to 'skinning' a game.

The way I see it, most people that do it are looking for an advantage, and I don't see how it adds any enjoyment to the game at all.

I never have, and never will see the point to 'skinning' a game.

The way I see it, most people that do it are looking for an advantage, and I don't see how it adds any enjoyment to the game at all.

I skin all the time, and not everyone makes there models all bright yellow or whathave you, there is NO advantage. I Skin and remodel to add a serious cool factor to the game im playing, and while you do not see the point, I do. I could accept that the skins in the game are good as is, but some dont like plain jane CT's or T's. My CT's are currently sporting some nice changes. Wearing the outfits of the USAF Special Advanced Operations Unit. It looks very cool. My gun have been reskinned to take advantage of higher res skins and polys. My USP is an FN57 with a undermount laser designator and a wicked looking silencer (and no the des does not work). I can change any weapon item in the game to be more real. My drink machines are not slurm or whatever they are stock, there Pepsi machines and Coke. My garbage bins are BFI. I Do this to add flavor to a title. I do the sounds to sound better not the horrid booming ones that most do, but the more real popping sounds that weapons do have. My bomb looks better and sounds better, my muzzle flashes look excellent. IN short, the game stock falls short, this allows me to make it the game I want, without changing the dynamic of the game for others.

Sword6

DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!! :peace:

Not trying to say anthing about Sword6, but the reason you mentioned new skins in the first place is because someone said they had a hard time telling Ts from CTs. And you said to use a different skin. So obviously, they do give you a bit of an advantage over the old skins or you wouldn't have bothered to mention them.