Source Glitches-Tricks-Tips

Sontek

Has anyone noticed the glitch where if you rooster a nade and release it then quick switch at the same time your nade will disappear?

And here is my autoexec that helps fps/shot registration:

http://www.sontek.net/autoexec.cfg

Here is a video to show how leet hitboxes are:

http://www.sontek.net/css.rar

And also one pretty bad config I seen was r_shadowids 1 where it puts a number on any shadows. So if you were blind and someone is jumping around where it casts a shadow you will still know where they are. Its not effective enough to be a true cheat but it does work once in awhile and that needs to be fixed.

Anything else you guys have seen?

Ok wait, on that video, what one would i shoot at?? The skin or the model?? Ive seen people in game shooting behind a person and hitting them, but in that video its weird how the model is in front of the skin..

I want to know cause if thats the case i wont aim at the person anymore unless they are running twards me in a straight line.. I used to be able to feel the lag in jedi knight and swing after the person was past me and id hit them.. How do you get the hit boxes to show up like in that video??

I first saw that video like 8 months ago, I read on the steam forums I don't remember where the post is but it was from cliff who said that that video isn't an acurate portrayal of hitboxes anymore....

is there a way to turn the hitboxes on through console, eg.. to see them as they did in that video? that could make things deadly.

is there a way to turn the hitboxes on through console, eg.. to see them as they did in that video?  that could make things deadly.

Check it out with a bot for yourself!

sv_cheats 1

sv_showhitboxes 2

You should lead your target for sure!

The model travels just behind the hitboxes.

I just checked this out now (Jan 22nd)

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen the hitboxes way ahead of bots, but when i try to shoot the hit box i still don't hit it the bot, i have to aim at them. Even when shooting players, i don't shoot ahead of them i shoot at them to hit them. Or so it seems... dun dun dunnnnn

Everyone once and awhile you come across and object frozen in the air. such as a bullet or a nade. like so..

Floating Nade

the nade was just stuck there in the air, someone threw it, it stopped, never went off. we couldn't collect it. it was just odd.

Floating bullet

someone was shooting, then moved away, and i just kinda noticed this floating bullet.

And for my own entertainment.. some fun deaths.

hung by foot

Flip 'em with the scout!

Insult to Injury