Game freezing

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I tried playing today and the game would just freeze up with sound looping. My question is this: What did Valve do and what Do I do to fix it so I can play?

This is exactly what was happening to me when i first got source. It has since been cleared up. Interesting to see that people that didnt have the problem before are mysteriously getting it now. Wierd.

This used to happen to me a few weeks after i got source but it mysteriously stopped. I don't know what caused it or what fixed it. If its anything like mine was it unfreezes in like, 40 seconds or so. But by then i would be usually dead.

I know I had source / cs working great when I first got it, but after an update back in Nov that was to fix the audio stutter prob (which I didn't have) started causing video stuttering on me. I speend weeks trying to fix it and tweak it out. In the end I just reistalled/ downloaded the games and it worked Great since.

Hope you got fast Broad Band!

If you're using your tweaked config ZD, try clearing it to defaults. There was a couple of settings in it which I had problems with back then (don't recall now). I'll post my current configs when I get home. I got them from a buddy of mine and they're hellah nicely commented out.