Monster truck jam

SwOOp

(edited)

Me, my wife, and daughter went to the monster truck jam in the RCA dome in Indy lastnight. Man it was a blast! We got pit passes so we could go down and get pictures and autographs before the event.

From the moment the event started it was non-stop action, with a truck flipping during the introduction of the behemoths. All trucks were down on the field except for 3, they introduced all of them and they did a little showboating before resting their vehicles around various spots on the track. Then came time to introduce the Bob and Tom truck, "Boys on the Hood", being the debut of the new hometown truck the cheers were wild, but they were soon overshadowed by the legend of monster trucks, last years champion Gravedigger, as well as Maximum Destruction, and 6 time champion driver Tom Meents.

They came out together full boar hitting the row of cars first both achieving nice height. The they paraded around the outer track for all fans to see and wave, before they hit the car jump from the opposite side. Maximum Destruction didn't disappoint, the height and length of his jump was amazing, so much so that it ended up rolling the truck. Which he quickly got out of and stood on to recieve the standing ovation.

With all that happening in the intro, you knew the competition was going to be quite a sight. In the qualifying run of the Bob and Tom truck he was side by side with Gravedigger. He managed to beat the defending champ in the qualifying run which made hometown proud. Maximum Destruction was unable to compete in the race do to the damage done to his truck during the intro. But driver Tom Meents gauranteed that if they were able to get it ready for the freestyle event in time, he would tear it apart.

After qualifying it was time for the showdowns, and go figure, the same truck that qualified against Bob and Tom was also his first opponent the mighty Grave digger. This time the crowd cheers were about equal for both trucks. But the dome erupted in wild cheers when our hometown rookie truck defeated Gravedigger.

Through out the night the racing continued until we were down to the last 2 trucks, undefeated through out the night, winner goes home as champion. These trucks were Predator and hometown favorite Bob and Tom. It was close all the way through the final turn with Bob and Tom having a slight lead. Bob and Tom took the turn a little wide giving Predator the chance to steal away the hopes of Indianapolis. Predator hit the turn nice and tight, but fishtailed his tail end which allowed Bob and Tom to take the lead once more during the final jump to victory.

Sorry so long of a post, but it was and awesome time, and I will post some pics up, as well as some vid a little later. And I will also go over the Freestyle competition.

Edited by SwOOp

My wife is from Haggerstown Indiana. Its close to Munci.. She listened to them when she was in HS, and when they started on the radio here in Cincinnati she couldnt believe it..

I must say the funniest thing ive heard on their show is the 'Amazing Creskin' or the Real Girls going woohoo commercial..