Won't be playing for a while

My ping has gone completly haywire for the last day or two. Before i join the server, in the status window, it says what ping usually is, around 70-90. But when i join the game it just starts to rise. It starts at about 100, then after 3 or 4 rounds it will be around 500, then after another 3 or 4 it will be in the 1000's. I havn't changed my rates before this started happening and have been trying different settings today to try to fix it, but nothing is working. So, until i find out whats wrong, i can't play CS. :bang:

My ping has gone completly haywire for the last day or two.  Before i join the server, in the status window, it says what ping usually is, around 70-90. But when i join the game it just starts to rise. It starts at about 100, then after 3 or 4 rounds it will be around 500, then after another 3 or 4 it will be in the 1000's. I havn't changed my rates before this started happening and have been trying different settings today to try to fix it, but nothing is working. So, until i find out whats wrong, i can't play CS.  :bang:

It's pretty bad when I can own you!

Good luck getting it fixed :peace:

(edited)

I didn't think of it before becuase i didn't change anything, it just all of sudden stopped working. I assumed it was something valve did to ruin my day. I don't know why my modem would suddenly poop out on me. My other thought was maybe it was my network pooping out on me, i didn't even want to have to deal with that.

Edited by VooDooPC

I fixed it, i just had to restart my modem  :(

This should be one of the first things you do. Since, as you stated above that you had made no changes.

Anyways, we've had others experience this same issue. And restarting their modem fixed it. It just happens on occasion. Packets get dropped and all pertinent info doesn't make it where it needs to go. And the modem has a hard time adjusting for it. I chalk these things up to Casper(The friendly ghost) :D