Banned From Gc

mHtt

Hi well this is my first post but I guess i should start with an apology to the affected players, I'm sorry.

I was playing today on Dust, and I tked perhaps 2 or 3 of my ct allies. Now, what you need to understand is that i was just as surprised as my teammates when this happened. We had just started the round, and were were bottlenecked at the front door to ct spawn. I went to put the silencer on my m4 and before i knew it I had fired off 3 or 4 body shots. As soon as the bodies fell I was banned. Sitting there looking at the server list i decided to try and investigate, and as i suspected my Mouse 2 had become bound to +attack, which would explain why my gun fired, instead of putting the silencer on. I don't really know how to explain how this occured, but I have 2 thoeries. I share a comp with a family of 5 other ppl, 2 of whom use steam to play other mods, NS, TFC and the like. One of them may have adjusted the wrong configs, or I could just blame steam, and how glitchy it is, but i wont, either way it is my responsibility.

From your point of view you were banning a tker, which is completely understandable. I have adminned on TFC, NS servers for 4+ years, and I know that 0 tolerance means 0 tolerance. I also know that if people maintain maturity, and use the diplomatic means available to them, this forum for instance, they can attempt to communicate in more constructive ways. That is my desire.

Hopefully U know that ive been a reg ever since my buddy [rav]Cujo introduced me to these servers, about a month ago, and i've really enjoyed playing here, there are some talented players.

Anyway, if you want to keep me banned then I understand, I wont contest your decision. Either way Thanks for the time you gave me, and I appreciate all the effort that goes into running these things.

Thanks for your time/energy.

mHtt

Mu®

Mellow Yellow

Cintas®

Ps. my steamid is 0:1:140849

Edited by mHtt

First of all welcome, appreciate ur time u took to register.

Secondly, very good post, I would unban u right now but I have no access to HLTV at the moment, but pretty much sure as soon as clueless sees this (or some1 else ...but usually its clue cuz he has no life :P) The ban will be lifted asap.

Edited by BIGSHaW

Secondly, very good post, I would unban u right now but I have no access to HLTV at the moment, but pretty much sure as soon as clueless sees this (or some1 else ...but usually its clue cuz he has no life :P) The ban will be lifted asap.

If it makes ur job any easier, I was on STOCKS, CS:S, aroun 12:24pm EST. Sander, and Mag were playing at the time, on the other team though, so I dont think they saw what happened. Either way im sure the server console recorded it.

Thanks again for your effort, I'm sorry to be a bother. :/

Can't wait to get back to fraggin'!

Edited by mHtt

:lol::lol::lol:

Good call Bigshaw, wait, now i'm bummed as it has just been brought to my attention that I have no life :( Anyways, good post, unbanned!

Oh, Bigshaw, if you could tell me how to use HLTV to unban someone, i'd appreciate it, sounds cool :P

pretty sure, you can use console from hlsw, and type it in

From my experience adminning at oneworlon-line.com people could ban from hlsw, on 1.6 just by typing "admin_ban (3 character name string) (duration, 0=perm)"

however, this was on 1.6, with servers running adminmod.

Anyway, seems like a great community u have here, im glad this is resolved and I look forward to seeing u all online. lates.

Thanks Again.

You last two are missing the joke. HLSW is different from HLTV....Bigshaw just typo'd.

I'd bet it was an autoban. Either way, I'll lift it now.

Check your fire.

Edit: didn't seem to be banned from either server?

PS. You could never type "admin anything" in the actual server console through hlsw. Adminmod ban in hlsw were done with right-clicks. In-game you could use the player console to do admin_bans tho. Anyways....try again.

PS. You could never type "admin anything" in the actual server console through hlsw.  Adminmod ban in hlsw were done with right-clicks.  In-game you could use the player console to do admin_bans tho.  Anyways....try again.

That's only because we hadn't enabled those thru the plugins. It is possible to make them console commands, but wasn't really necessary. Sorta like we made warn a server console command in addition to a client console command. Dunno, maybe his server had them enabled.

My money says he was just auto kicked for the TK.

Good post btw.

shep48, BigShaw said he uses HLTV to unban...I'm with clueless...I want to know how he does it.

-edited-

guess it loses it's humor if I bring up the thread then let the page set for 40 minutes while everyone else responds :rolleyes:

Edited by dwEEziL

[grovelling]

ok, well I cussed on the mic today, after tossing a nade and hitting a friend of mine who was also playing. I guess i just got caught up in the game (soliciting empathy anyone?). Again this was my fault, and I understand why this happend. I also understand that you guys have to enforce your rules, and while this might sound ironic, I actually am glad that you do. Most servers just let people run amok. I know this server doesn't tolerate cussing, i didn't think it'd be a perm ban though.

Other than that, ill do my best to stay out of your hair.

thanks again.

[/grovelling]

I can assure you mt .gc server rule learning phase is over and if anything happens, even if my player model looks at an admin the wrong way I will accept your decision as final and not contest it. I'm sure you all have better things to do than deal with the pettiness of the people on your servers.

What are you saying? are you banned again, or just giving more explanation?

If this is still pertaining to your original post, you should be good to go, i lifted the ban, if your still having trouble, let me know.

And you are not in our hair, thanks for stopping by. :D

Sorry fellas I typo'd.....I mean to say HLSW... :P

Big Shaw banned me last night. I was then told over X-fire, by a friend of mine who was also playing on the server at that time, that I was to make a post here. I was told that this was a direction from bigshaw. So I made that last post, trying to substantiate big shaw's accusation, and capitualting as a form of submission, in order to demonstrate compliance with the will of the .gc administration.

But now i come and see his response doesn't even regard my last post in any direct manner, leaves me to believe that he may be mocking me, in some e-socially indirect manner, to the general shegrin/amusement of his alias based contemporaries.

Either way, can I just promise to be good and be done with this, i'd really like to frag on your server again :)

I again state my desire to conclude this in as quickly and efficiently as possible. :)

Thanks, mHtt

Edited by mHtt

Oh my gosh you did not just try to do that.

Obviously there is not intended hostility in my posting, because that would alienate my channels of communication, by designating me as an agitator. This is not an identity I wish to associate with.

I am simply saying:

I was banned again yesterday, this time by bigshaw, for swearing into my mic. An accusation I do not challenge. I In fact am in full support of your administration system, and have cited various reasons why. I also, am not intending to create any sort of conflict within the .gc administration. This explains why I come out in defence of big shaws actions.

However, Big Shaw, also communicated to me that I was to come here, and post to seek a resolution for this, 2nd incident.

I did what he asked, and now it seems like he's mocking me, by not replying to the post he requested.

I am simply confused at this seemingly inconsistent behaviour.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

mHtt