Your Opinion About New Models

MajorCOW

Haha, when I played as a ct we mowed the T's down at compound. Both maps are really nice to look at, but not too friendly with lower end comps.

CT model I like, but I'm sad since I had an awsome skin for the old ct model.

Be nice to get a new T model.

Only played a little of train, both maps are very enjoyable. Train > Compound.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Compound is one of those maps where you need sniper guns, even an aug and sig would make a big difference. Not sure why those guns are not allowed on noscopes. They are not sniper guns.. but anyway.

As someone new to Counter-Strike and who has never played the original..

man, i love that map. Infact both of them i *adore*. They really emphasize teamplay, tactics and are generally different from the old CS maps, in a good way too!

The new model for CT's i like, and im willing to bet we'll see T's with a new model come next update.

All-around i am pleased with this update :)

Compound is one of those maps where you need sniper guns, even an aug and sig would make a big difference.  Not sure why those guns are not allowed on noscopes.  They are not sniper guns.. but anyway.

All you honestly need is a famas... :rolleyes2:

Edited by k-wix

Compound is one of those maps where you need sniper guns, even an aug and sig would make a big difference.  Not sure why those guns are not allowed on noscopes.  They are not sniper guns.. but anyway.

Do they have a scope? Can you zoom in? You've been away for a while, haven't you...but anyway.

the new ct model is graphically sound and looks spiffy to boot. now we need a non-stupid looking terrorist model to match. another thing i noticed is that both models stand markedly higher than before. it adds a bit more of a challenge to keep your head down. i bet we stand eye to eye with those basketball playing hostages now, dont we.

as for the new maps, compound is very nice with scopes. without scopes, it makes it increasingly difficult on the cts. i have a problem however with the amount of damage taken away by the chainlinked fences. you'd think you would be able to shoot through the gaps. as for the level of graphical detail they added on train, its on par with what they did to prodigy. as lame as it may sound, i would like to see a low-light map of the quality of train. not that im all about nvg's, but it would be fun.

I love the new models. I've actually been using a bump skin on the Terrorist and CT models that was made forever ago, over at Steampowered. I take a graphic hit, but it's worth it to me. It's good to see that finally the models are getting the same update the maps did. Surely if your card can handle all of the cube/spec/normalmapping in the rest of the level, it can handle it on the models, too.

Can't wait to see the new terrorist.

As for Compound, it's a great 3-3 or 5-5 map, offering strong tactical play, and a lot of covert, sneaky insurgence. Any more people (my first two experiences were with 12-12), and you may as well start the CTs barefoot on broken glass, before swimming underwater in a pool infested with pirannahs, to make their way to their own, personalized electric chairs. ...an 8-8 is just a CT deathtrap. Earlier this evening, I believe it was 9-12, in Mayhem, and the Ts still took almost every single round.

my imput is, train, and old map, nice to have it on source though, compound wicked map, but goes bit towards teh t's imo,

ct models give that "10 40 blue, 10 40 blue! HUT HUT ! HIKE!"

you know

but there different, not muc of an over all change, just a cell phone here, and a striped helmet tehre

i want it like 1.6, how you had 4 options to choose