can someone explain these stats to me???

(edited)

On Tem server, I was is 40 something place. After another day of pretty good playing, I dropped to place 670! What makes even less sense is my kill ratio went up by about .3 AND I won the week award for most bombs defused. But I dropped over 600 positions?

edit: I also noticed that there are 5 people in the top 25 with kills in the 50s or less.

It seems by this that the best way to get a good ranking is to join the team with the highest score and spawncamp. You dont really need to shoot anybody really.

I dont get it

Thx!

Edited by Laz.e.rus

http://www.psychostats.com

Look there for how the skill is calculated, we have no control over it. I thought we had the config set up to not report anyone with less than 200 kills? Maybe we haven't messed with the config for Tem yet as it it so new. Strange could answer those questions better than me.

Well...we have no control is not exactly true, someone could go in and modify the skill calculation perameters, but I'm not sure anyone wants to take the time to search through the code. People seem to be happy enough with them and know that they aren't perfect.

The other stats we tried before seemed alot better, much more stable. Instead of playing one bad round and plunging into the abyss, it seemed it would take a week of bad play to only move you 2 or 3 positions.

Why dont we use those?

The other stats we tried before seemed alot better, much more stable. Instead of playing one bad round and plunging into the abyss, it seemed it would take a week of bad play to only move you 2 or 3 positions.

Why dont we use those?

I plunged a ways too. Not that I am the best, but I went from 115ish to 260ish after a couple of bad rounds.

What other stats? Before my time...?

Yeah, I don't know if they are still running or not, it was called vsp stats or something like that. I liked it alot better.

Whats the point of having stats if by the time you can can say to someone "dude, check it out, i'm 10th" , youre already not 10th any more, maybe even in the 100's.

There's way too much movement in the psychostats to be taken seriously, at least by me anyways.

There's way too much movement in the psychostats to be taken seriously, at least by me anyways.

In my opinion, that's a reason not to go to the new stats. Just my opinion. Not that I'm against moving to the other ones or that they couldn't me more accurate. But the name of the game here isn't see how high you can get on the stats board...at least for me....What they do do well is record your kills, deaths, etc... So you can see what guns you are better with and what not.

Secretly I'm plotting against new stats :ph34r: cause I just now figured out how to skin the newest PS..... :bang:

Yeah i tried too but had no luck. Told me the command bad or something.

Also, why are so many clans listed in Tem server and only a couple in mayhem and recrud?

Because I forgot to set the clan limits on tem :)... lol You need to have you account setup by me to login, until pyscostats gets the pip plugin working in source.. so we're just gonna wait for that to come out.

I still dont get it. I have moved up to 370. The day I played that got me there instead of in the 600's there were many Gcs including fatty that could all see that I was playing really well that day (probably one of my best runs ever). I led the scoreboard on a few maps, and got a kill steak of 7. M2 ,Brillow, Fatty, and Shodan are all in my top 12 victims with a better that 1/1 ratio and they all have WAY better rankings than me.

I guess what Im saying is that after being in top 50, then low 600's, Im bummed that after playing that well Im at 370. Im a stat freak too (obviously) but I just dont understand how these work.

Thanks for any enlightenment you can bring to this poor numbers-addicted fool.

Actually voodoo....you have a very good point there. Its sometimes easy to forget that your playing with some of the best. So even when your having a bad day/ gettin pwned by Pagan, etc... it helps to keep that in mind

Way back in Q3 days I played with a REAL good group. I was kinda avg there..not bad but nothing special. Sometimes I would have to go and pub and outscore the 2nd place guy by 30 kills to keep my OWN spirits up when I went back to the home server and got trounced by a couple of the money making pros :)

O btw.....thanks for the link! Sorry I missed that above.

I just played 2 maps, and dropped 40 places...

I went 26-9 on office, then 10-1 on aztec and quit.... compiled the stats and dropped over 40 ranks.... lol who the heck knows... I think the vsp stats are more stable in ranking... or maybe just cuz it puts me in 6th place lol..

In all seriousness in the vspstats you actually have to work to move up and play really bad to move down. Which is how I think the stats should be, we shouldn't be able to advance to the top 10 after 20 minutes of good playing it just doesn't seem right.

psychostats on the other hand seem to base your rank on your last 25 minutes of playing.. you could play perfect every round for a week, be the uber killer. Then have one bad day and bam your in 400th place...

Maybe when PS is completely converted over to source, it'll behave better... who knows. Rank isn't the most important thing anyway... I use vspstats to looks at my playing as a collective whole, and ps to see my last 20 minutes.

Edited by strangefamous

Just gonna put this in to show Im NOT crazy guys. Then Ill drop the whole thing.

Last night I played pretty decently...nothing special. I figured rank would go up a little over the night. Had some good runs...you know.

Then, I played Quebec first time ever, and scoutzknives. ( Most of you know that s/k has an evil vendetta against me-only had a psotive score there once lol). I made a crack about how those two maps alone probably dropped me 200 pts in rank.

I was wrong

500 points!!!! I am now in the 800s! WoOt.

and as a side note, there is a guy 100s and 100s of pts above me that played for 15 mins and got 14 kills :)

Im really not nutz guys. It happened I tell ya! It happened!

:bang::blink:

thx for all the help/responses tho