post fps avg counter strike

shep48

G00t, I believe it is your CPU more than anything.  Source is fairly intensive on the CPU due to physics calculations.  Also, memory bandwidth is a lot better on the Athlon 64's.

yeah, but Im geting 12-15 FPS?! I woulda thought that this comp would give me better than that. Are there settings I can mess with?

That x800xt rocks like no other, but you can get the x800xl for $150ish less. Places like CompUSA and Microcenter have been selling the xls for the suggested retail of $299.

Where? I could look it up myself but I'm being lazy right now..

(edited)
yeah, but Im geting 12-15 FPS?! I woulda thought that this comp would give me better than that. Are there settings I can mess with?

i would do a format fresh install with all the latest drivers. chances are you have tonnes of background stuff running and it's just slowing your system down. with the settings in first post you should be around 70-80fps. with my old 9800pro and athlon xp3200 rig i was at 84fps without the aa and af but everything else like first setting.

in general though this game is VERY cpu intensive, especially source cause there's so many physics calculations. my a64 is the only reason i'm over 100fps in this test. i can't run source at those settings otherwise i'll be below 30 way too often. especially in aztec(very gpu intensive). i find a64 really helped my dust and dust2 fps though. i'll know for sure once i get my x800xt back from rma.

Edited by [rAv]Cujo