Good bye

Sid

Mmmm I would like to extend my deepest thank yous for the years that I have had the pleasure playing on your servers. But unfortunetly I must now depart. The environment has taken a turn for the worse and I simply do not like the amount of disrespect I have seen on the part of individuals and the utter indefference of the present admins. It was not the Mmmm vision and it was not what I have come to enjoy over the years.

So respectfully, thank you for the good times and the good friends. I wish you luck on all future endevers.

Long time community member,

Sid

I love our servers. Fact is: enrollment is up. Community numbers are up. FragFestOhio interest and size is up! It's all up, up, and up!

Take it easy.

PS. the guys are right, this is GC land.

l8r!

Sid

ehh There was an incodent in the server where another player was badgering me and I asked for an admin to do something but nothing was done. Was just alittle upset about it. didn't mean to bad mouth you guys in anyway, in fact the opposite. you guys are the reason I have played here for so long. I love you guys. The gripe that I had was that if the player was making the comments he made to me to an admin he would be banned. But I'm not an admin so he got away with it and I just felt that I shouldn't be treated any differently than an admin. I recognize the fact that .gc members pay for the server and all that, but when it comes down to basic respect I don't feel I or anyone else should be treated any differently. And earlier today that was the case. I don't want to make this into a community drama fest, so for that reason I will not pursue this disscusion publicly any further, but I earge anyone who is still concerned to pm me. That's my piece. I appologize for the rash nature of my original post. And I don't think I could but all this behind me as far as the community goes, I really like being a part of it. So i guess I won't be leaving. But still I am dissapointed for the reasons stated above. Anyway that's all I have to say for now. Hope that clears things up.

AN incident? One? A single incident and yer leavin? Sorry but lol..ok....

Actually, no. Nobody should PM you.

YOU should PM someone else. If you feel someone didn't admin correctly, you shouldn't post some dramatic exit and then say, if you want more info, PM me.

You should contact someone that you know is a senior admin that might be able to help you, or heck, make a post about the details of the situation...and you don't even have to name the admin.

If you're saying that an admin completely left you out to dry you should post up about it, not cry about your feelings being hurt.

If you think it is important enough to be a private matter and go over people's heads, PM a board member.

Do you really feel that an admin knowingly allowed you to be abused?

Anyways...all this drama....your first post....you could have just filed a complaint...but all the emotion and soap opera really does no justice for you. Just tell what happened or keep it to yourself.

Obviously if you're ready to leave you may go, and I'd never encourage anyone to drag on your leg.

You choose, don't play games. Step up and do it maturely.

Well, it a good thing you mentioned this then...

I'm far from perfect as far as admining goes, but overall our goal is to support you and if the admin in question didn't respond properly then this forum is the right place to bring it up so we can collectively chew the fat.

Your feedback and continual support of the community is important... :hug:

(edited)

First of all, Sid is Bane for those who dont know. I was there today when you said goodbye and this is what i saw:

I knifed Bane and another regular was mocking Bane by typing "h4ng0v3r .gc killed Bane with knife." about 5-7 times. Bane asked admin to do something, so i told him to stop. He did. Then the regular said something about Bane team-attacking him. Immediately after that Bane went on to say he was disrespected and no one did anythng about it. So Bane said goodbye and quit.

Please tell me what i am leaving out. I must have left something out if you are so upset.

Edited by h4ng0v3r

bane-

i've been guilty of having a bad day at work, get yelled at by the girlfriend, the dog ate my yoda action figure, and then go play on gc only to get tk'ed. fact is, the game can be as frustrating at times as it is enjoyable.

however, like you've mentioned, gc is a unique gaming community. it's fun, it's clean, and it's usually well admin'ed (and if it's not, the forums never sleep). on top of that, the people that populate the server almost always facilitate that positive experience.

some days are bad days. most days aren't. look forward to seeing you around.

s.j

Sid

NO guys you got me all wrong. The second post I made was to appologize for the way in which I made my first post. I realize I didn't go through proper channels and I was acting out of pure emotion. The reason I said I didnt want to do it publicly was because I know this is an issue to be pursued in different ways.

Fatty, I didn't mean to make a soap opera out of it as you put it hence the reason for the second post which I stated the use of pming. I realize it should be on me to make formal inqueries. Not for you guys to question me. The last thing I want is the whole community invovled. So I say again sorry for my original erruption on the public forums.

Hangover, I hope you don't feel that I was calling you out because I wasn't and I appreciate your attempt. But I finally got really upset because he was coninually doing it over team chat, you were on the other side. I was preturbed cause the .gc on my side stayed out of it. Again I am sorry for the rash way in which I acted. I promptly left after he stated that I was team attacking because I wasn't and didn't want to be pulled into a debate as to whether I was or wasn't cause I could see how that would have went the wrong way and resulted in bannings which would have been counter productive. Again thank you for trying.

Anyway, in conclusion I will pursue this issue in a more proper manner, I don't wish to leave you guys and I won't I'm sorry for ever saying that. I just had a rough day and didn't want that on top of it. So once again sorry if you guys got the wrong immpression, it's not what I intended.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

I know how you feel sid, and so does everyone. There are always people insulting me over the internet, but if someone goes to great lengths to insult me over the internet, I usually assume that they get bullied in real life, and want to make themselves feel good to have one over me. So I end up feeling sorry for these people and encourage them.

But can you blame the guy? You got KNIFED! :P

Did you ask the guy to stop? Have you tried to get a hold of the .gc that was on your team? Did you shoot the guy to make him stop? I think you are overreacting. This is one incident and i have never had problems with you or the other guy involved. Hey, but If you have to go, you have to go. Bye.

Sid

hangover yes I told him to stop and no I did not go out of my way to purposely attack him. To answer mr duke's question, both. And like I stated before not going anywhere, in fact can we close this topic so I and the people involved can sort it out privately, I realize that's how I should have handled it in the first place.