I am constantly reminded...

...that we always have top notch, quality, and competeive players on this server. The skill is high, the team play is paramount, and the attitude is friendly and cheerful.

I was having a bad night (skill wise) and I still hung around cause the environment that you guys created was so inviting that I stuck around anyway. Sorry I was so grumpy (not to mention a pointless addition to any team :) ). I love this community :wub2::hug: !!!!

I was just thinking of the exact same thing earlier today.

I decided to go on some random public server. I think it was full and had about 22 slots. I totally mopped up and carried my team. When i came in it was on Port and the Ts were stacked terribly all with AWPs camping spawn or planting with no resistance. I ended up helping the CTs turn it around, allowing them in the end to win more rounds then the Ts. I also got a bunch of hacking accusations. It blew my mind that me, someone who knows they are not even close to a top player overall in CSS, would hear things like that.

Then i thought maybe i was on fire tonight and said to myself, "Oh man, i am going to go kill some people on the GC servers!". Sure enough i got there and got totaly stomped. It reminded me of what kind of top players we get to play with everyday.

Ah... ok.. I will share too.

I started out on GC servers. I have been playing in GC land since UT, so naturally when I got CS:S I just started playing on the GC server. That being said, my skillz (or lackthereof) have been brought up, and raised amongst some good gamers.

Before I paid in to get a membership, I couldn't log into the server. I decided to take myself to a new land. I owned that server... and by owned I mean, I killed them all. I thought to myself, "duma, I think you have found a newbserver, let us go and find another place to play." I than went and owned that server.

In closing, I would like to say, if you ever feel bad about how you are doing in GC land, just go visit another server. If you can deal with the cussing, poor attitude, and lack of teamwork, you might just own.

(Now, doesn't this make you want to run out and pay fatty $50 for the server you get to play on?)

For another perspective....

I love the GC servers, although, it sucks to own in Recrud and then go do a cal scrim and get my butt kicked. I feel like a noob again. It is amazing the spectrum of skill in this game.

-lux

Both clans arn't really recruiting though.

If anyone wants to play for WoA I think leveller is trying to sort out our american part of the clan, and then enter them into Cal. If your interest just visit our site (see my signature) and visit the forums. << anyone can play as we're not ability based, but more based around respect and reliablity.

Okay, my situation/scenario

happened today.

all GC servers, EMPTY... and i didnt feel like practicing jumps or finding neat spots, etc.

So i moved over to another server... (ppl here know it, so i wont say it)

but out of 22 ppl, 17 were in there.

I played a de_dust and went 17-0 b4 the server killed me and forced me to switch teams... then i ended up 28-7.

Next map, Aztec, i hate it... yet I still pulled off an amazing score!!...

I have screenies somewhere, but no webspace.... so just believe me :D

Then when GC filled up... i started back to my normal.... oh crud, why did i do that?! and ahh, i knew he was there!

Then scrimmed tonight... and boy did i find out new strats and hiding places galore!... talk about the range in skill levels... and im so glad to hang around these parts... I never played a computer game this well before.. and enjoyed all the ppl in the community!

Thanks GC.

Guest maxsaiko
Guest maxsaiko
Guest maxsaiko
Guests
(edited)
Yep, i honestly don't think i'd still be playing CS:S if it wasn't for this community. It's delicious. I'd eat it with a spoon, if it we're a tangible object.

Yeah, me too.

I'm glad this thread is here because I wanted to express my thanks. Lazarus introduced me to the servers and I thought a server where cursing and what not were bannable was a bit childish...

Instead I found a great, supportive community, and the ban on cursing really keeps the jerks away. Anyhwere else I get frustrated at any other server since as a pretty mediocre player, all I get is a lot of name calling and people trying to make me feel bad for not being that good.

Anyways, thanks... though I guess $50 would be a nicer gesture. Workin' on it. :)

Thanks,

SpongeBobSquare Octagon, SpongeBombEllipsoid Face, and anything related to Sponges, Bombs, and Geometric Shapes.

Edited by maxsaiko

I remember when I just got CSS (November I think it was) and I was just looking for servers which pings were lower than 50 and would put them to my favorites list. scopeless was one of these servers, for some reason stock never got less than 50 here. Anyway, I'd play on many different servers and on some swearing would be so bad as to people just made up swear words each new time they'd get killed...that was hilarious for a while tho. :rolleyes:

Also, that server Matrix Reloaded or something, each time I'd kill an admin or their member I'd get slayed.... :twitch: what a losers.

Well, now I only have 3 GC servers in my favs, and only play somewhere else if all of them are full. Yeah, I know I gotta get a .gc but give it a few more weeks (months?)... :unsure:

We're happy to have you guys and are glad you play on our servers. It's quality people like you, not just quality gamers, that make this community a great place to be.

It'll be a good day when you get that tag, Vovik. I'm looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

I never play on other servers. I can't stand the swearing and childish behavior...